Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 cadillac sts v6
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to look under my car today and I found a black wire hanging to the ground going from the front of the car all the way to the trunk. Normally black wire represent ground right but to what ? The car also has a uhaul hitch installed n in the trunk there's a wire to connect the lighting of a pull trailer I believe. Can this be for that wire ? I secured but its got me worried ? So many wire . Sensitive things I don't want to mess with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
this is probably the power wire for the trailer 5 to 4 way adapter. I'm guessing the just used what ever color they had laying around as far as color goes. I would probe it for power. and make sure its tied up.

·
Registered
2007 cadillac sts v6
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I'm thinking cause it looks to random . My question now is that tge wire is touching the muffler a lil bit . Is that a problem?

·
Registered
'11 CTS-V Coupe M6, '05 1SG STS4 V8
377 Posts
Yes the muffler could melt it to bare wire...if it were me, I'd reroute the wire through the interior of the car, but at minimum you should get some wire loom for it and tie it up, maybe to the brake lines.

·
Registered
2007 cadillac sts v6
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tbh I dont care for that uhual hitch under the car or the adapter . I just want to make sure that's what the wire is . If it is I need to take it off my car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts