Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 cadillac sts v6
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up forum? I just picked up a 2007 sts with 100k miles on it highway miles from n old guy anyways I'm looking for a couple short cuts n answers .
#1 I have the navi n the version 5 dvd. is there an update for that navi ?
#2 I want to know what are the size bulbs inside the car so I can switch them to led.
#3 size led bulb for the back plate
#4 kind of important but the only thing im having problems with the car is when I turn it off sometimes it tells me to put it in park when I clearly done that already. Don't know what would cause thAt.
Links will be highly appreciated .
Here's my baby.

·
Registered
'11 CTS-V Coupe M6, '05 1SG STS4 V8
377 Posts
Welcome! My STS looks just like yours. I also did an interior led kit.

I also have had the issue of the car telling me I need to shift to park, only a couple times though. Maybe it's a bad ground? I'm not sure, but since it has only happened a couple times, I'm not worried about it. Sorry I couldn't help on the issue but at least now you know you aren't alone. :p

Good luck!

·
Registered
2007 cadillac sts v6
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha thx a lot man I hope it don't turn into a problem later :/

----------

Another question is there a way to replace the speakers in the seats n make ur audio system louder ? I have the bose with nsv in it.

·
Registered
'11 CTS-V Coupe M6, '05 1SG STS4 V8
377 Posts
The Bose system is different from a typical system and new speakers will not work with the rest of the system, in short. Someone could chime in about the technical side of it, but in short it's not worth the conversion.

Try playing with all of the sound settings for the best output. I have the 8 speaker bose and it sounds great, I can't imagine the 15 speaker system. The system definitely sounds better at higher volume.

·
Registered
2007 cadillac sts v6
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Bose system is different from a typical system and new speakers will not work with the rest of the system, in short. Someone could chime in about the technical side of it, but in short it's not worth the conversion.

Try playing with all of the sound settings for the best output. I have the 8 speaker bose and it sounds great, I can't imagine the 15 speaker system. The system definitely sounds better at higher volume.
It sounds great but I can't hear the tweeters in the seats n when put my ear on them they sound like there blown n clipping. Also I just wish it was a tat bit louder

·
Registered
2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE
8,178 Posts
Those seat-top speakers are only used in 5.1 playback. If you want to hear it really sing, get a DVD-Audio disc (DVD-A). Some movie DVD's have 5.1 audio tracks as well.

I'd advise against altering the factory Bose system. It is integral to saving driver preferences and car settings and provides all sounds, chimes and even the turn signal clicks. If it doesn't suit your taste, I contend you'd be better off trading for a V8 model with the base radio & add aftermarket to that.

If modding the Bose is your passion, do your research. They are multi-amp low impedance systems and may require special adaptations to use standard aftermarket components.

·
Registered
2007 cadillac sts v6
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thx a lot for the reply. I think I'm not doing anything to the car as far as the audio . Just the led lights .

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,479 Posts
Seat speakers are ON all the time, not just during 5.1 playback. Sure, they may not be as pronounced or utilized as specifically but listen to any FM, XM, CD, MP3 source and they're used.

·
Registered
2007 cadillac sts v6
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seat speakers are ON all the time, not just during 5.1 playback. Sure, they may not be as pronounced or utilized as specifically but listen to any FM, XM, CD, MP3 source and they're used.
I love how the bose sound in the car but the seat speakers u can't really hear them n when I put my ear on them they sound like they clipping .

·
Registered
2007 SRX4 Sport V8 Magride
303 Posts
Amigobear718 said:
I love how the bose sound in the car but the seat speakers u can't really hear them n when I put my ear on them they sound like they clipping .
They're used to enhance the rear soundstage, and as such don't require the clarity needed for the front. I'm sure that if you isolated the rest of the speakers entirely and only listened to the seat speakers, they would sound terrible. As part of the big picture, and especially during 5.1 playback, they add a great deal to the imaging of the system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts