Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
SRX 2007/2008dts
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 SRX with over 90,000 miles. I just purchased the vehicle and am going to do a full overhaul to make sure I know everything is done correctly. In my experience I have used the Ford transmission fluid on my older high mileage vehicles because the viscosity is higher and helps with taking up more space in worn clutches. Is this true with newer transmissions or should I not worry about that anymore and use stock? Thank you for your help first time posting to this site.

·
Registered
2006 SRX V8 AWD
23 Posts
I have a 2007 SRX with over 90,000 miles. I just purchased the vehicle and am going to do a full overhaul to make sure I know everything is done correctly. In my experience I have used the Ford transmission fluid on my older high mileage vehicles because the viscosity is higher and helps with taking up more space in worn clutches. Is this true with newer transmissions or should I not worry about that anymore and use stock? Thank you for your help first time posting to this site.
In the old days, we used type F fluid in our chevys for it's higher coefficient of friction as opposed to the Dexron fluid that gave that smooth clutch slipping shift. I don't believe it was the viscosity doing the work.
Additionally, I'd stick with oem fluid in this day and age of solenoid operated valve bodies due to changes in anticipation foaming agents and other modifiers.

----------

In the old days, we used type F fluid in our chevys for it's higher coefficient of friction as opposed to the Dexron fluid that gave that smooth clutch slipping shift. I don't believe it was the viscosity doing the work.
Additionally, I'd stick with oem fluid in this day and age of solenoid operated valve bodies due to changes in anticipation foaming agents and other modifiers.
...anti foaming...I hate predictive text keyboards...sometimes!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts