Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 SRX
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 SRX and the key is stuck in the ignition. The engine will not start either. I have replaced the battery and still nothing. There are not codes coming up on the dash. The vehicle is in park, but the key will not release or start. If anyone has any idea what the issue could be, I would be sincerely grateful.

·
Registered
2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320
2,623 Posts
There is a ton of info on the board covering this topic with lots of good info.

Use the search this forum button.

·
Registered
05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6
3,177 Posts
You have codes that require a code reader to find. They will not come up on the dash. In the underhood fuse block there is a 'starter relay'. Pull it out and look closely and you should find small numbers on it (4 of them). One should be 50. When plugged in that goes directly to the starter. There should also be a diagram on the relay showing the internal wiring and I think you will find an 'X' pattern. If that' the case, you can take a multi meter and probe the sockets where the relay plugs in. One of them will read 12V and the one diagonal from it is where #50 plugs in. So take a wire and jump that socket to the battery positive post and the car should crank and start. Then you can drive to a parts store for a free code read or to your favorite repair shop. I the store will erase the codes for you the problem may not re-occur if you eliminate the cause, which I think is a weak battery, which will cause your symptoms because the computer thinks tampering (attempted theft) has occurred. Good luck!

·
Registered
2006 V6 RWD SRX
21 Posts
I had this trouble a couple of times on my 2006 V6 2wd. Look on the plate (or whatever you'd call it) where the shift lever goes in. there should be a small black cover that has a tiny lock embossed on it. Take a small screwdriver and pop that little cover off. It may take a little effort, but don't worry. It'll come off. Take the screwdriver or something that will fit in the hole behind the cover and press the button inside the hole and turn your key. It should release your key. Then get your battery charged or replaced. Let us know how it goes.

images.jpeg

12,778 Posts
I have a 2007 SRX and the key is stuck in the ignition. The engine will not start either. I have replaced the battery and still nothing. There are not codes coming up on the dash. The vehicle is in park, but the key will not release or start. If anyone has any idea what the issue could be, I would be sincerely grateful.[/QUOTE

Hello Roslyn,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this ignition concern with your SRX. Additionally, I understand how this could feel disheartening. Has this concern been resolved for you? I am available by PM if you would like to send me your VIN, mileage, full name, phone number, and the name of your preferred dealership. Enjoy your weekend and I will be on the lookout for your message.

Kind Regards,

Brandon M.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2006 V6 RWD SRX
21 Posts
I may have been mistaken on my post above. I'm not sure when the first generation SRX had it's interior redesign. My post may have had incorrect information and if so, I apologize for the misinformation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts