Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody... I'm probably the oldest guy here, I think. (63) retired and not really up to date with modern equipment. I hope you can help. I bought a 2007 Cadillac SRX with the understanding that it needed all new brake lines. Long story short, the lines are crap but it now shows 9 codes. None of this is the problem. This is my problem. * Where the battery sits along the passengers side firewall, I noticed where 3 small wires were cut off this plug in. Where the male end of this plug is located is also strange. As you face the battery looking front to back, the NEG cable & post is on your right side. The male plug is anchored there by both a round plastic ring around the NEG battery cables, as well as a 2" plastic stave that is (factory) inserted into a larger wiring harness. It took me a while to track this down using the now wireless female plug I removed from from the anchored male plug. This appears to be the plug for the OIL PRESSURE SENSOR, but I'm not certain. If anyone knows about this, I would truly appreciate your input. Thanks....

·
Registered
EU - SRX 2004 N* (with autogaz system) AWD, 7seat, trailer hitch westfalia.
296 Posts
Photos ?

·
Registered
'07 - 3.6l SRX RWD, '16 - 2.5l Subaru Outback, '95 - 4.3l S10 pu
967 Posts
V8 or V6. I believe the oil pressure sensor on the V6 is under the oil filter on driver's side.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi everybody... I'm probably the oldest guy here, I think. (63) retired and not really up to date with modern equipment. I hope you can help. I bought a 2007 Cadillac SRX with the understanding that it needed all new brake lines. Long story short, the lines are crap but it now shows 9 codes. None of this is the problem. This is my problem. * Where the battery sits along the passengers side firewall, I noticed where 3 small wires were cut off this plug in. Where the male end of this plug is located is also strange. As you face the battery looking front to back, the NEG cable & post is on your right side. The male plug is anchored there by both a round plastic ring around the NEG battery cables, as well as a 2" plastic stave that is (factory) inserted into a larger wiring harness. It took me a while to track this down using the now wireless female plug I removed from from the anchored male plug. This appears to be the plug for the OIL PRESSURE SENSOR, but I'm not certain. If anyone knows about this, I would truly appreciate your input. Thanks....
Hi Alucard... Here is the photo (s) thanks...
GM Plug.jpg2.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is another photo of the cut plug.... View attachment 582567

Mine is the V-6
Here is another photo of the cut plug.... View attachment 582567

Mine is the V-6
So this is the plug that was cut. This female plugs into the male receiver located at the base of the negative cable at the battery. My quandary is, I have to order a new one. But, is this plug for the Oil pressure sensor, or is it for the crankshaft positioning sensor? Any help would be soooooo appreciated.......

·
Registered
967 Posts
I got a hunch the plastic ring on the negative cable is for current sensing. Controls alternator charging output. Do you think connector was cut on purpose? If oil pressure or crankshaft sensor doubt if the engine would run or at least have a code set. Any of the 9 codes have a clue? I don't know for sure if the current sensing circuit were cut if it would affect whether the engine would run.
www.rockauto.com has pictures of various connectors but you have to look up by function so it could take awhile.
Maybe a photo of where the connector was rather than the connector itself would be helpful.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the reply. The plug was OBVIOUSLY cut on purpose. CLEAN There is a code PO523-00 (OIL PRESSURE SENSOR CIRCUIT) > HIGH VOLTAGE So, I have ordered a plug and will connect the wires to see what happens.

·
Registered
2007 SRX AWD
232 Posts
I'd like to help but I'm almost 77 and not as helpful as I used to be :) I also have a 2007 SRX 6 cal. I will look at mine in the morning and see if I have anything similar.

·
Registered
2007 SRX AWD
232 Posts
I looked at my car today and the only connector I can see near the battery neg terminal is the one on the donut around the neg cable which Im guessing measures the charging rate of the alternator

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I looked at my car today and the only connector I can see near the battery neg terminal is the one on the donut around the neg cable which Im guessing measures the charging rate of the alternator
I think that must be it. I ordered a new plug w/ 15" of wire (3) and will reconnect this to see what's what. Thank you very, very much for looking. Mike

·
Registered
967 Posts
Strange the plug was deliberately cut. Why not just unplug it?

·
Registered
08 STS 1SG HUD ACC F55 AWD, 08 STS 1SG Platinum HUD ACC F55 RWD
401 Posts
Is this the plug that was unplugged/cut to TSB the hot water windshield washer?
Good Luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts