Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac SRX v6 AWD
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have already replace the drivers side front blinker bulb and replaced the rear drivers side tail light assembly. The fuses are good and everything works but the drivers side blinks fast. I know this indicates a burnt out bulb but could be doing this over the front side marker light being out. By that I mean on the front drivers side headlight assembly, on the side is a orange reflector with a little light inside it. The passenger side one lights but drivers side is out. Would that little side marker light cause my drivers side turn signal lights to blink fast indicating a blown bulb? I can't think of anything else to try. Any help is greatly appreciated! Love this forum!

·
Registered
EU - SRX 2004 N* (with autogaz system) AWD, 7seat, trailer hitch westfalia.
300 Posts
No the side market inside the headlight is not for turn signal.
All bulbs turn on, after change ?
You have use traditionnal bulbe, not LEDs ?

·
Registered
2008 SRX4 & 2010 CTS4 sedan / Non-Cadillacs: 2018 Audi Q5, 2012 Chev Cruze LT
558 Posts
I suspect that there's a wattage problem with one of the new bulbs you used and/or there is a weak or imperfect connection between the bulb and the socket. I have had the side markers fail on my CTS (not on my SRX) and on several other cars and this has never caused a fast-blink condition. It is possible that you have a grounding issue as well. But start with re-examining the bulbs you've installed.

·
Registered
2008 SRX Sport Pkg
1,148 Posts
The bulbs do not blink on their own, but are told to do so by a relay. I am not sure where it is located, but this could be cause by a faulty signal relay. Once you find it, it should not be an expensive part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts