Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V 2004 street, Cadillac CTS-V 2004 Race
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again everyone,

Big race coming up this weekend for the Nearbrook Motorsports CTS-V. The 2007 June Sprints is this weekend (June 22-24) at Road America in Elkhart Lake, WI. The 2004 CTS-V sponsored by Detroit Muscle and Hoosier Racing Tire Co. will be on the track Friday for practice. The first of 2 qualifying sessions will be late Saturday morning. Sunday morning will have a second qualifying and the race will be at 1:30pm Sunday.

The June Sprints is the first event in amateur road racings triple crown. We broke the track record last year in qualifying before an unceremonious exit after blowing up the power steering hose on the warm-up lap for the race. We will be running the CTS-V and a C6 Corvette. A beautiful track with great places to watch and top level National competition are among the reasons to check it out. Long straightaways (data system showed reaching over 140mph 2 places on the track) with very hard braking zones play to the CTS-Vs strong points. Caddy owners come by and see us in the upper Competition paddock, and hopefully we'll be in a good mood from doing well.

For more details, entry lists, and schedule, go to the event website at http://www.junesprints.com/

·
Registered
Cadillac
97 Posts
Good luck at the sprints, hopefully no rain. I will be at Mid Ohio watching the Grand Am series but will be pulling for you from there.

Chris

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
I hope you have great luck. And I think it is just about the coolest thing in the world that you are representing Vs to such a high degree. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
CTS-V
798 Posts
Good luck JB! Keep 'em in your mirrors. I'm a lovely shade of green with envy.

Someday maybe they'll run the sprints on the West Coast so I can see ya' in person.

I've got my plans in to run two double regionals. One at Infineon (8/31 - 9/02) and the other at Laguna Seca (9/28 - 9/30). Still a rookie and can't afford to race a V so I rent a Miata and run ITX.

One question... who did your rollbar?

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
I noticed in another thread that you use the stock rotors. If I may ask, what pads and fluid do you run?
Jim also want's the GM Paint code for those sexy orange calipers. :thumbsup:

-Chris

BTW, I'd love to see you run that thing. A bit too far for me though. Good Luck!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes we use stock rotors and they are awesome!

Fluid is AP Racing 600, pricey, but seems to never be an issue, no bleeding required, ever.

Pads are Pagid RS14 front, and Hawk HPS rear. Any more aggressive rear pad gets the ABS into DRP (dynamic rear proportioning (sp?) ) function and reduces stopping distance, trust me I've tried more rear pad compounds than I care to admit, also causing very embarassing slides into the grass at Sebring. Also the stock rear pads work VERY well.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Yes we use stock rotors and they are awesome!

Fluid is AP Racing 600, pricey, but seems to never be an issue, no bleeding required, ever.

Pads are Pagid RS14 front, and Hawk HPS rear. Any more aggressive rear pad gets the ABS into DRP (dynamic rear proportioning (sp?) ) function and reduces stopping distance, trust me I've tried more rear pad compounds than I care to admit, also causing very embarassing slides into the grass at Sebring. Also the stock rear pads work VERY well.
Thank you! Noted and will be used in the future...

·
Registered
CTS-V
798 Posts
Big Jim.. thanks for asking that. JB thanks for the answer! This one is going in my scrap book. How aggressive are those pads? Will your rotors last a season?

Reed if you're lurking out there, maybe we should create a "Race Proven" section in the FAQ.

Oh and thanks for the rollbar answer, too!

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
Big Jim.. thanks for asking that. JB thanks for the answer! This one is going in my scrap book. How aggressive are those pads? Will your rotors last a season?
I second the thanks. This is invaluable info for those of us that take our cars to the track on occasion, but don't have the time/money/experience to do the testing that you have. Thank you so much for sharing this information with us.

Reed if you're lurking out there, maybe we should create a "Race Proven" section in the FAQ.

Oh and thanks for the rollbar answer, too!
I love that idea also.

-Chris

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, we have tired just about everything with this car over the last couple of years within the rulebook. The RS14 Pagid pads are decent on rotors, we can get about 12-15 sessions on a set of front rotors with these pads. The Carbotech X12 are very easy on rotors and would be a good street tire pad. the Pagid RS15 we have been fooling around with are for full race cars only and are nasty in every way, even to rotors. Hawk DTC70 are good pads too, but rough on rotors.

·
Registered
CTS-V
798 Posts
Thanks, we have tired just about everything with this car over the last couple of years within the rulebook. The RS14 Pagid pads are decent on rotors, we can get about 12-15 sessions on a set of front rotors with these pads. The Carbotech X12 are very easy on rotors and would be a good street tire pad. the Pagid RS15 we have been fooling around with are for full race cars only and are nasty in every way, even to rotors. Hawk DTC70 are good pads too, but rough on rotors.
More data for the scrapbook... Thanks!:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts