Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66DeVille Vert 76Coupe Delegance 07Escalade ESV 96Fleetwood 83Coupe Deville 70Calais
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some may know the 00-06 GM suvs had a very common problem with the intermediate shafts loosening over time and rattling real bad. I couldnt find anything about it for 07+ trucks. But having driven the older style with this problem and fixing it, I noticed on my 07 with 85k miles that it had a little bit of that rattle feel in the steering especially at low speeds. It must not be as common since there arent topics about it to be found. But after a search on rockauto, they do actually sell an improved design intermediate shaft for the 07+ trucks, dorman brand. I bought one, installed it today and it did improve the feel. My old shaft did have some play in it when twisting it. The new shaft is super solid. So for anyone searching the web that may find this a month or year or 10 years from now, you arent crazy, the 07+ trucks do have intermediate shaft problems too and its such an easy fix its worth it. Im picky i like everything on my cars fixed so most people could live with it or just say somethings loose but it aint bad. I decided to fix it. Its the same fix as the 00-06 trucks just look for the video on youtube, a1auto makes a nice video on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts