Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2007 cadillac ext
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
M looking into pulling a 23' deck boat with my 2007 ext. Does anyone have any experience towing on these platforms? The boat weighs about 4000lbs. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,852 Posts
Yes.. I tow a 25 foot v bottom thats at least 6000lbs with my esv, with that estimated weight you'll be fine, what concerns do you have?

·
Registered
2007 cadillac ext
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just never pulled anything with the truck and wasn't to sure how it would take the payload? Are there any upgrades thy could help? And are there any concerns or issues I should keep my eyes on for possible breakage or repairs needed.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Ive replaced the rear air shocks and compressor when they went bad, and I plan on adding a larger trans cooler to replace the original

·
Registered
2007 cadillac ext
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wesyder said:
Ive replaced the rear air shocks and compressor when they went bad, and I plan on adding a larger trans cooler to replace the original
thanks bud I really appreciate it. But your truck does fine handling that large of a load?

----------

Thanks bud I appreciate it. Glad to hear my truck should handle it just fine.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Big_red502 said:
thanks bud I really appreciate it. But your truck does fine handling that large of a load? ---------- Thanks bud I appreciate it. Glad to hear my truck should handle it just fine.
yeah tows great, and when i go to the river theres guys with escalades towing bigger boats than i have

·
Registered
2007 cadillac ext
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pulled the trigger on a 23' boat and the truck handles it like the boats not even back there.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Big_red502 said:
Pulled the trigger on a 23' boat and the truck handles it like the boats not even back there.
nice... Congrats, what state and or city do you reside

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Big_red502 said:
Louisville Ky
oh ok cool jus checking to see if you were local were going out to lake havasu in Arizona for memorial weekend

1 - 12 of 12 Posts