Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 ext and 2011 srx
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 ext with 110,000 miles on it. Since I purchased the vehicle in 2012 the plastics around the windows have peeled horribly and now they are starting to warp. I understand its not a new vehicle and wear an tear is inevitable, but for the dealer to say the atmosphere causes this is absurd. No other vehicles on the road have trim that looks as if their melting due to the atmosphere. The truck has been garage kept, and rarely sees any harsh road chemicals in the Tennessee climate. The door handles were falling off the truck in 2013, but we're replaced by the dealer. The interior pilar fabric is coming loose and the console latch broke off as well. It seems that all plastics are extremely cheap. I would think that a vehicle at this price point would be manufactured to a higher degree. I took the vehicle to a local tire shop last week for tires and found out that it has a broken motor mount, needs ball joints and the abs grinds when turning, at 110k I feel as if it's falling apart. I don't know if other owners are experiencing this many issues, but it's really making me question the quality of my Cadillac.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
You've got an eight year old hoopty with 110,000 miles. The Lord only knows where it's been, over what kind of roads, and who's been ragging it. Deal with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts