Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac escalade ESV
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just gonna throw all this out there of what is wrong with my esv. i know its all probably been brought up before.. 2007 esv 155k. i may have a problem with the nav drive in the head unit, makes a sound like a disk in in there but nothing comes out and i get a map disk error when i hit the eject. im leaning toward my air shock not functioning i have yet to here a compressor. i thought i seen the parking assist lines on the screen when i test drove but haven't sen em since. oil leak "shocker" looks like it leaks higher then the center of the trans, pretty good leak. i did just install a catch can from catchcans.com and i may not of had a good seal on the pcv system due to dry rotted hose that was crack.. but its sealed up know and i drained my can after in honesty 2 hrs of driving and got 2-3 fl.oz. my guess if i didn't have a good seal on the pcv there was stagit oil in the valve cover vent tunnel "don't know the technical term" got the air noise from the weather strip drivers side. heated seats don't work. cruise control will not sense anything wont even come on.

pretty much it other then petty stuff. my main worry was how much oil the catch can caught in 2 hrs.

If any one has anything to offer it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
993 Posts
All normal for a high-end luxury SUV with 155,000 miles. You bought it dirt cheap, and expect it to be perfect? :suspect:

Replace the head-unit, and all of your shocks since they are probably shot. If you don't want to spend $$ on the OEM set-up, just go with a passive system. It will ride the same. When you click on the cruise control button on the steering wheel, does the LED come on? If it does, and it won't set the speed, it is most likely a sensor on your brake pedal that is not functioning properly. Easy and inexpensive to fix, from what I recall. Do a search.

Can't help you with the oil leak and your catch can issues.

Edit: here's your cruise control fix: http://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/2008-suburban-ltz-cruise-control-problem-36708/page2/

·
Registered
171 Posts
it was fast depart, but why did u buy Cadi Esc in the first place? Strange choice to Civic si? it feels like you got Civic just because your payment can affordable, didn't u?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got the esv last year. i seen it and jumped on it only i jumped to fast. i loved it really, already miss it but its for the better. ive had small cars before dont bother me and im actually paying more. i wasnt taking any chances with the caddy having 154k miles and the catch can catching as much as it was so fast. i installed the catch can Thursday, Friday night (50 miles later) i got 2.5 fl. oz. out of it checked it again Monday morning ( maybe 50-75 miles) got maybe a lil more then 3 fl. oz. thats not good so i got rid of it.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
I don't know about your ESV but my recently traded 2009 escalade hybrid with 195k miles was probably a best buy that it sold in less than a week! I have carfax and it showed all my maintenance record in it, etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i did a car fax after i bought it and wasn't much in the form of service records but did have 6 owners. never know how they treated it. for all i know it would of went another 50k. it did run awesome tho. strong and smooth. just a lot of headaches.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no it was much higher. i could even seen a bit at the base of the passenger side head

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think I ever came across that one. I seen the one about the porous alum block behind the rear engine cover.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts