Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on getting a 2007 Escalade - if I am able to pull ahead on my 2006 AWD V-8 SRX lease (my dealer may have someone to take it over 12 mos early).

The issue is, I presently have NAV and rarely use it. Therefore, I don't want to get it in the Escalade. So, two questions:

1. Besides NAV and the back-up camera, does the NAV option get me anything else (ie. better sound system)? The brochure does not seem to indicate anything other than NAV and the camera. With my SRX, I also got a better sound system.

2. I have been unable to find any photo of a 2007 Lade without NAV. And, my dealer does not have one presently without NAV. I would like to at least see a photo of the dash layout before deciding against NAV for sure. So, any dash photo of a 2007 without NAV would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your assisitance.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Not really sure because I have not seen an 07' without Nav, it has been part of the Information Package, they are dropping some packages for 08', but have seen nothing in writting yet

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
There are definitely ones out there without it... in my opinion it cheapens the look of the dash substantially not having it there, as Im sure they anticipated the lions share of the sales would be Nav equipped units.

Ill dig up a picture or two...

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a ton for your efforts.

I appreciate it and tend to agree with you on the look. That is actually the primary reason I got NAV in the first place with my SRX. However, I started to second guess myself as I have used it maybe 3 times.

Also, I give. Why are there two disc slots in both vehicles? Both have rear DVD?

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
No problem!

Looks like that actually answers to of your questions. It appears the non Nav model DOES retain the Dolby Digital radio regardless of nav or no nav. As a result, the two slots are DVD (for DVD Audio I would presume) and the traditional 6 Disc CD Changer underneath it. Kinda like the 02-06 arrangement which also had dual players.

One thing I have to say... the Instrument panel would look SOOOO much better if the center LCD was color like in the Volkswagen Touareg and a few other cars.

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did confirm the radio is the same earlier today. Also, looks like the dealer has found someone to take over my lease early. Now it is all up to me to decide. The lade is a few hunded bucks more a month even though the sticker price difference between my SRX (54.5K) and the non-NAV Lade (59.5K) is not all that much.

Once again, much thanks. I still would have no idea what the non-nav unit looks like without your assistance.

·
Registered
Cadillac
52 Posts
Almost all Escalades at dealerships have Navi and sunroof! I dont want a sunroof, but its impossible to find one.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT
670 Posts
I always thought I didn't want a sunroof because it was just another thing to go wrong or it would leak.
Since I did get one though I won't get another vehicle without one.
Same for the NAV,.. .. naturally it is more money but when considering the total price of these type vehicles I can't see not getting the NAV.
I did get the the discount = free Nav,.. but I would have bought it anyway.
Personally for me the NAV is a must even if I just use it to find a place in the next town/city.
My biggest reason for having the NAV, is on a long rip I don't spend all my driving time watching the exits and wondering if I missed my exit or not.
It makes driving sooo much nicer.
Getting lost simply sucks.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
More Escalade's had Nav because they offered it for free for many months, my 03' did not had Nav, my 07's do, and it's something that I use a lot, and as for the sunroof I agree I would not have a truck without it, but if you don't take the truck on vacation or long drives, and do not use it for business I could live without the Nav for sure.

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the additional comments. I really appreciate it. The SRX forum has been great and I am excited to become a part of this one.

RE: Roof: I was also questioning the roof b/c I am so used to the gigantic awesome one in my SRX that going back to a "regular" size seems tough. However, my wife thinks I need one and I did use it in a prior Tahoe I owned. Plus the price is reasonable.

RE: NAV: I do use mine presently as Dif described (ie. How far am I from the exit?). But that is just about it. But, as hcvone said, I don't take it on vacation and only put on about 10,000 miles a year. 95% of driving (or more) is to places I know how to get to. The price is really the killer for me. Especially since I can get a portable unit for a few hundres bucks for the 4 or so times a year I would use it. On the other hand, the dash does not look nearly as impressive w/out NAV.

If anyone cares, I will let you know my final decision. Right now there is a vehicle with exactly what I THINK I want available in my fist choice color combo. Quicksilver/Ebony WITH roof, WITH cooled seats, WITH 18 inch chromes, WITHOUT NAV.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Thanks for all the additional comments. I really appreciate it. The SRX forum has been great and I am excited to become a part of this one.

RE: Roof: I was also questioning the roof b/c I am so used to the gigantic awesome one in my SRX that going back to a "regular" size seems tough. However, my wife thinks I need one and I did use it in a prior Tahoe I owned. Plus the price is reasonable.

RE: NAV: I do use mine presently as Dif described (ie. How far am I from the exit?). But that is just about it. But, as hcvone said, I don't take it on vacation and only put on about 10,000 miles a year. 95% of driving (or more) is to places I know how to get to. The price is really the killer for me. Especially since I can get a portable unit for a few hundres bucks for the 4 or so times a year I would use it. On the other hand, the dash does not look nearly as impressive w/out NAV.

If anyone cares, I will let you know my final decision. Right now there is a vehicle with exactly what I THINK I want available in my fist choice color combo. Quicksilver/Ebony WITH roof, WITH cooled seats, WITH 18 inch chromes, WITHOUT NAV.
I have an SRX too, there is nothing like the huge sunroof they have, but the Escalade's sunooof is nice too.

S

·
0 Posts
There are definitely ones out there without it... in my opinion it cheapens the look of the dash substantially not having it there, as Im sure they anticipated the lions share of the sales would be Nav equipped units.

I agree with this statement. I have an 2005 ESV with Nav. Love it, also fun to watch and play with. I had a 2003 ESV without the nav, the dash was too plain. Glad I have the Nav, the next Cadillac I buy will have it.

·
Registered
175 Posts

+1 ... Also to give a logical argument to this discussion, you may also want to think about resale, although its a lease (not 100% sure about this) the dealer will still go to resell it and may knock you a little for not having Nav even though that should be covered in the residual.

What if you want to keep it? Oh, and I had an SRX for 2 mos while waiting on my baby, you will definitely want to go on more trips with the Lade so keep in mind the Nav could be a big help when you and the fam go wandering.

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, it will be a lease.

However, now I have another problem which may delay me being a regular on this forum for 12 more months. The rebate/incentive for the 2007 Lade I want expires 7/9/07. Presently it is $2400.00 for 39 mos SMARTLEASE. GMAC may very well take longer than to process the lease takeover paperwork for my 2006 SRX. If that happens, the new Lade lease will not start until after 7/9 and I will lose that $$. That could be a deal breaker for me and force me to simply wait until next June when my lease expires naturally. I am not willing to risk starting the Lade lease until the takeover is done and final because if it falls through, I would then be leasing one too many vehicles.

Anybody had experience with how long GMAC actually takes to process a lease takeover?

Also, anybody WITH KNOWLEDGE have reason to believe the rebate will actually be better (or at least the same) after 7/9/07?

·
Registered
2009 DTS Performance
210 Posts
Depending where you are, you may have a bigger problem: FINDING A TRUCK. Seems dealers got spooked by rising gas prices and inventory on Escalade is VERY LOW. GMAC doesn't have much reason to incentivize the Escalade with such low inventory. Good luck.

~Doc

Yeah, it will be a lease.

However, now I have another problem which may delay me being a regular on this forum for 12 more months. The rebate/incentive for the 2007 Lade I want expires 7/9/07. Presently it is $2400.00 for 39 mos SMARTLEASE. GMAC may very well take longer than to process the lease takeover paperwork for my 2006 SRX. If that happens, the new Lade lease will not start until after 7/9 and I will lose that $$. That could be a deal breaker for me and force me to simply wait until next June when my lease expires naturally. I am not willing to risk starting the Lade lease until the takeover is done and final because if it falls through, I would then be leasing one too many vehicles.

Anybody had experience with how long GMAC actually takes to process a lease takeover?

Also, anybody WITH KNOWLEDGE have reason to believe the rebate will actually be better (or at least the same) after 7/9/07?

·
Registered
11,694 Posts

I care! Let us know :)

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Depending where you are, you may have a bigger problem: FINDING A TRUCK. Seems dealers got spooked by rising gas prices and inventory on Escalade is VERY LOW. GMAC doesn't have much reason to incentivize the Escalade with such low inventory. Good luck.

~Doc
Surprisingly, that is not a problem here in GM country (Lansing Michigan). The vehicle has been located with the exact options and colors I want.

End of story: I look forward to becoming a member of this forum in 12 months. The GMAC lease takeover would take somewhere between 2-5 weeks. They used to allow dealers to process it, and it took less than a week. For some reason that policy has changed. I am not willing to risk losing the rebate and then being out of a vehicle, which would FORCE a purchase/lease on my part.

Again, thanks for all the assistance - especially Playdrv4me for the NON-NAV photos.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I just passed my closest Caddy dealer, not my dealer, and they had 21 Escalade's on the lot, getting ready for the 2 week shutdown in July I guess, they never had that many anytime thins year

1 - 19 of 19 Posts