Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT (Sold)
Joined
·
260 Posts
God, I love it! Wish I could get one.....maybe once I graduate college I'll drop my '02. My dad just got a brand new 06 the other day and even that makes my 02 look obsolete.
 

·
Banned
1976 Eldorado project
Joined
·
1,631 Posts
"I'm so excited, I'm the hugest Cadillac fan . . ."

:rolleyes:


-Cool video though, I like it! Especially the power folding seats :)
 

·
Registered
E
Joined
·
1,313 Posts
gort said:
God, I love it! Wish I could get one.....maybe once I graduate college I'll drop my '02. My dad just got a brand new 06 the other day and even that makes my 02 look obsolete.
how does an 06 make an 02 look obsolete? they are the same damn thing.:hmm:
 

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
Joined
·
12,114 Posts
Jonas, what a great first post. :D Thanks for the video....even though it was skunked up at the end with that skank Paris Hilton. :p I believe that's the best look I've had at the Escalade yet. I like it!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Look at the white on here http://gmtv.feedroom.com/iframeset.jsp?ord=549632

An 06 makes the 02 look obsolete? Must be the steering wheel. I for one cannot tell the difference from an 03 and 06...the 02 has a tiny tiny different dash and steering logo....and blinkers on the mirrors...?
Also every one and their mother is going to say wow I like the older one Exterior wise...Its already starting, I've asked everyone of my friends and family...
I'm over it, but may get one (since they are quite affordable compared to their competition) if I can still afford a CLS as my daily driver....the ultimate duo though would be a CLS and 06 Range Rover IMO.
 

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
Joined
·
13,353 Posts
Lade said:
Look at the white on here http://gmtv.feedroom.com/iframeset.jsp?ord=549632
An 06 makes the 02 look obsolete? Must be the steering wheel. I for one cannot tell the difference from an 03 and 06...the 02 has a tiny tiny different dash and steering logo....and blinkers on the mirrors...?
Also every one and their mother is going to say wow I like the older one Exterior wise...Its already starting, I've asked everyone of my friends and family...
I'm over it, but may get one (since they are quite affordable compared to their competition) if I can still afford a CLS as my daily driver....the ultimate duo though would be a CLS and 06 Range Rover IMO.

I have an 05' Range Rover, my sister usually drives it because I really don't like it, if it was the same price as my Escalade I would still take the Escalade, being it costs 20k more than my Escalade, just not worth it IMO.
 

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
Joined
·
13,353 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Interesting Hcvone, especially since you are pretty worldly in the car game...but you still haven't driven the 07....again the new Lade is by no means ugly. I just think all the hype created some serious standards for the new model. I remember on the C5 vette forum when the C6 hit, everyone hated it just like on the 996 forum with the 997...then they all bought one. But in this case I feel differently, although I truly have to see one in an everyday driving scenario to really be sure 100%.
 

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
Joined
·
2,294 Posts
hcvone said:
I have an 05' Range Rover, my sister usually drives it because I really don't like it, if it was the same price as my Escalade I would still take the Escalade, being it costs 20k more than my Escalade, just not worth it IMO.
Wow you are a devoted cadillac customer.
 

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
Joined
·
2,294 Posts
Lade said:
Interesting Hcvone, especially since you are pretty worldly in the car game...but you still haven't driven the 07....again the new Lade is by no means ugly. I just think all the hype created some serious standards for the new model. I remember on the C5 vette forum when the C6 hit, everyone hated it just like on the 996 forum with the 997...then they all bought one. But in this case I feel differently, although I truly have to see one in an everyday driving scenario to really be sure 100%.
There is a 996 forum? what is the address?
 

·
Registered
2016 Platinum
Joined
·
266 Posts
I dont know if in April when my lease is up if I will buy my 03 EXT or get on 07 ??? With the 07 coming out in the spring I'm sure the buy out will not be that much on my 03 :hmm:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
damn. i was looking at the pics of the escalade and i was second guessing the looks of it. i thought the rear end looked kinda weird but now that i saw that video im 99% sure im selling my escalade in spring to get an 07. and the thing that pisses me off is that me and my dad were invited to the unveiling at rodeo drive, but we both didnt want to drive that far/ were really busy. so im really pissed off now that PARIS HILTON was there!....and the new escalade.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
I thought I went to the navigator web page, this truck looks like a navigator. The interior is nice but the outside is a navigator. What a joke all that hype and getting washed up actors to motivate buyers to buy it. On the video in this forum. :histeric: I will keep my ext for my work truck. If it stays strong
 

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
Joined
·
13,353 Posts
fast66 said:
Wow you are a devoted cadillac customer.
I would not say that, although I have owned 3 Caddy's, my accountant told me to get the Range Rover the end of last year to get the BIG tax break on the SUV thing before it ran out, so I did after hearing how great the Range Rover was from him, he had just purchased one. I drove my Range Rover for two weeks, got back into my Escalade drove that for a few days, then drove the Range Rover for another week, that was the last time I drove it, gave it to my sister (she runs one of my businesses), I just did not like it as much as the Escalade. I asked my accountant if he ever drove an Escalade, he said no, so I let him drive my Escalade, he told me he could not believe how comfortable it was to drive, and how much softer the seats were in the Caddy. I have had 6 Suburban's and over 20 Grand Cherokee's for my businesses, the Escalade has been the best car or truck I have ever owned, and I have had a few Porsche's, a 550 Ferrari and many BMW's, I believe the new Escalade will be even better. :)
 

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
Joined
·
13,353 Posts
Lade said:
Interesting Hcvone, especially since you are pretty worldly in the car game...but you still haven't driven the 07....again the new Lade is by no means ugly. I just think all the hype created some serious standards for the new model. I remember on the C5 vette forum when the C6 hit, everyone hated it just like on the 996 forum with the 997...then they all bought one. But in this case I feel differently, although I truly have to see one in an everyday driving scenario to really be sure 100%.

I really did not think there was a lot of hype on the new Escalade, no more than happens with Corvette's, I have owned 11 now, and why my C4's (85', 86', 88' and 92') were great in the day, when I got my first C5 (00' had 2 of them and 2 Z06's) they were so much better than the C4's they replaced, and now the C6's are much better in ever way over the C5's, I will know better when my C6 Z06 gets built, I hope very soon. :( I am sure the new Escalade will be better than the one it's replacing too. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
512 Posts
I'll keep my Mr. Lucky. The 2007 is nice but I like the feel of a real truck not a minivan. Just my 5 cents. I don't mean to offend anyone :)
Peace :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Nice truck but I would have thought they would have done a bit more with the ease of use like the power life gate would have been nice and the hidden fold down seats would have been a plus also.

I'm guessing that cadillac is hoping to have a hugh winner with this. GM just applied for chapter 11 or 13 not sure which one.

Sami
 

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
Joined
·
13,353 Posts
JASP said:
Nice truck but I would have thought they would have done a bit more with the ease of use like the power life gate would have been nice and the hidden fold down seats would have been a plus also.

I'm guessing that cadillac is hoping to have a hugh winner with this. GM just applied for chapter 11 or 13 not sure which one.

Sami
It has power lift gate and power folding seats, I am pretty sure
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top