Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 Escalade that I purchased 5/06, I have had nothing but issues with the transmission. I first reported that there was a hesitation upon starting from a dead stop, “lag” at 40, rough shifting. All I hear is that the module controls the trans, they “tuned” module, took back, “tuned” module, took out the driveshaft and all of the other stuff but….this has gone on since I had truck. One time the transmission man said he had no idea what computer program was in the module, I tried to calmly explain that his dealership has done all of the work since I bought the truck from them. :banghead: I get tired of bringing it in so I was just living with it until the other day when upon rapid acceleration the truck nosedived between shifts, this happened twice, and then developed a whining noise that gets louder until trans shifts and then starts again. Off to the dealership, service manger drove and heard noise, left vehicle, now there is no noise that they can find. The truck sits in the lot and they have no idea how to proceed…….thoughts?

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Several owners had issues with the early 07's transmissions, that was mostly a reprogramming of the trans to fix the problem you describe. If you live in an area with several dealerships to choose from you may want to try another, some dealerships are just better than others for service and repair. If not use the 800 number in your owners manual and get a claim started

1 - 2 of 2 Posts