Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade 2007
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread might become a sticky if enough prople have the same problems.

I have a 2007 Escalade (with 6.2L V8 and 6 Speed Auto). The transmission completely failed at 18,000 miles and was replaced under warranty. Several months ago.

Now, nearly 5 months later, the replacement transmission had problems with very rough shifting. Problem was diagnosed as a "stuck valve assembly". a part was cleaned/part replaced.

My Escalade is driving nearly 25,000 miles a year, mostly a mix of highway and city driving. (no towing at all).

I think GM may have a major issue with these transmissions.
I really want to Lemon my car, but I don't think I will be able to.

Has anyone else had transmission problems with their 2007 Escalades??

Thanks everyone, and I am happy to be a new member of this board!!! :)

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I have had an engine go on my second 07' at 897 miles, GM replaced the truck, I have had no trans issues on any of the three trucks. If you are not happy call the 800 number in the book, you will need to tell them how many days you were without the truck, and if you have the dealership on your side it will go better. I have many friends and customers with 07' Escalade's, no one I know has had any trans issues, of course no one had an engine issue when mine blew up either. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2003 Escalade ESV with 67,000 miles just blew the transmission and the orig warranty is only till 50,000 miles. Cadillac in Long Island quoted me $4200 for a 3yr/50k warranty on replacement trans and I rejected it. I have to come $3090 out of pocket for a Jasper Transmission (3yr/100k warranty) because Cadillac and Gm can't get their stuff straight when designing these tranmisssions. Any transmission that blows up before 150,000 miles without heavy towing and just normal use and proper fluids is a design flaw in my opinion...no wonder they raised the warranty from 5 year 50,000 to 5 year/100k in 2006!

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
My 2003 Escalade ESV with 67,000 miles just blew the transmission and the orig warranty is only till 50,000 miles. Cadillac in Long Island quoted me $4200 for a 3yr/50k warranty on replacement trans and I rejected it. I have to come $3090 out of pocket for a Jasper Transmission (3yr/100k warranty) because Cadillac and Gm can't get their stuff straight when designing these tranmisssions. Any transmission that blows up before 150,000 miles without heavy towing and just normal use and proper fluids is a design flaw in my opinion...no wonder they raised the warranty from 5 year 50,000 to 5 year/100k in 2006!
Stock size wheels and tires? How many times did you change the trans fluid in the 67k miles?

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
1 Posts
My 2008 Escalade transmission stopped providing power to the wheels, it would rev to high rpms and the vehicle would not accelerate. I never got a diagnosis, they just said they "flushed the transmission" and it began to work.
After about 8,000 more miles it is doing it again. It is still under warranty, so we will see what happens.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,766 Posts
Keep us updated . That sounds very unusual that a "flush" would fix a seemingly serious problem.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Look at how many Eskys are on the road. I'm expecting SOME trannys to fail, it's normal. IF you think this is bad, check out Mercedes-Benz/BMW forums.

Oh, 80K on my '07, and NO problems. Have 24's on my truck, and drive it very hard. Example: Shift it into park while reversing (5MPH). These truck's engines/transmissions are built well.

·
Registered
07 escalade ext/ 04 srx awd
61 Posts
company i work for uses 2500 silverados w 6.0l and 6 speed, 2008 models, we have replaced at least 7 transmitions out of a fleet of 15 or so trucks. a little scary if you think it's the same tranny in our escalades. warranty won't cover our trucks because we use them in a mine and our company mechanics change out the trannys at a wopping $7500can. price.

·
Registered
2009 Escalade AWD
82 Posts
I have an an '09 that seems to be getting very sloppy shifts. On occasion, the 2-3 shift seems to get some RPM increase between shifts and that, to me, is scary.

I am just over 40k km and have lots of warranty left. When I turn the traction control off it seems to shift better but I don't know if it's my imagination or actual. I don't get on it that often but things seem to be changing.

I will be calling the dealer however some input would be appreciated before I talk to them.

·
Registered
2009 Escalade AWD
82 Posts
They replaced some valve seals. (kit as per a TSB) This "2-3 shift flare" was common in 07' up to early 09 production vehicles. Mine is an early '09 production model produced in '08. It seemed to be OK for awhile but now it's going back again. Truck was in the shop for 3 days and I was given a POS Buick car to drive. Stunk of cigarette smoke was the worst vehicle I had driven in decades.

I will call the service department and see what they can do for me before I call Cadillac. 33k miles and I am getting frustrated. :canttalk:

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I will let you know how the trans holds up, we are putting a supercharger on one of my 10's, with headers, cam and heads, going to try it with the stock trans and going to put a large trans cooler on while a new trans is built, I will update with pics down the road from the install as we finish it up.

·
Registered
Caddy EXT
646 Posts
You will throw reliability right out the window , but have one heck of a time doing it :rolleyes: Posts the pics so I can live my dream while you pay for it . Have fun ! What are you calling the project ?

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
You will throw reliability right out the window , but have one heck of a time doing it :rolleyes: Posts the pics so I can live my dream while you pay for it . Have fun ! What are you calling the project ?
Call it "Waste of Money part...." The plan was send to Sema, but no one wants to put up any money except me, so I have all the parts and will start installing as soon as the heat gives a little break so I only sweat so much. It maybe more reliable than you think, or that what I am telling myself, but the shop put a system on a 2007 Tahoe and 2 years later it's still going strong, of course it does have less power being a 5.3, but it has heads and cam too. Going to photo everything from sway bars to supercharger. :)

·
Registered
Caddy EXT
646 Posts
I'm not trying to discourage you one bit , it should be an awesome truck . We are looking for a break in the heat here too . I hate sweating !! Do you know which big brake kit can be installed w/18" wheels ,I want to be able to put the 18s on for the winter sledding season (Think Snow ! Summer Sucks! ) Looking forward to the build !

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT and 2012 Volt
365 Posts
I know through experience that 18" wheels will not clear Baer Eradispeed +1 (15" front rotors) with stock sliding PBR calipers but this was with GF 2.5 dropped spindles but it wasn't by very much. Since I don't think the spindles make any changes to the stock brake mounting location, I would say you need at least 20" wheels (depending on offset) to clear the above Baer rotors. In my situation no fixed caliper would clear my 24" Baso wheels with 35mm offset so I had to stay with stock calipers with EBC yellows (or some other floating caliper) to clear the spokes of the wheels. 14" front rotors would probably have cleared the 18" wheels with stock calipers.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts