Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a minor problem with my '07 Escalade that I thought I might try and get sorted out over the holidays. When I open the power lift gate, it opens 95% of the way perfectly but then sort of pops/snaps at the very top and falls down an inch or two. It still stays up fine and I must close it manually afterwards. It's obviously not a huge problem but I was wondering if anyone could offer some insight? I have heard I might have to tighten some bolts on the left hand side. So I tried disassembling the panels on the D-Pillar to access it. I could get the top trim off that runs along the top (inside) of the hatch area, and then I unsnapped almost all of the big panel on the D-Pillar, but couldn't quite get it to pop off. It seemed something other than the traditional snaps was holding it on and I didn't want to snap anything. Has anyone had this issue or disassembled those interior panels before?

Thanks

·
2007 Escalade
2007 Escalade AWD
174 Posts
May be the lift gate struts may be loose or about to fail.
When mine fail, the gate wont stay up though.

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,852 Posts
On mine the bolts sheared off where the automatic arm bolts to the door, it was only being held by one bolt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On mine the bolts sheared off where the automatic arm bolts to the door, it was only being held by one bolt

Ah okay, thanks for the reply. That sounds like what may be the case with mine. How were you able to access the bolt area inside the D-Pillar? I couldn't get the interior panel off.

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,852 Posts
I don’t recall how I was able to get the panel off however i did have to drill and extract the broken bolts, and I replaced them with a higher grade

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don’t recall how I was able to get the panel off however i did have to drill and extract the broken bolts, and I replaced them with a higher grade

Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts