Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade Eldorado
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...This vehicle is starting to nickel and dime me to death...anyway...
All of a sudden, without warning, my rear view camera is totally blurry. Like there was vaseline on the lens.
I talked to the dealer and he said it was probably shot and I'd have to replace the lens, which he said was all one huge piece (rear emblem).
Several hundred dollars.
Any suggestions...aftermarket replacements, etc...?
Is it really toast? 150K miles.
Thanks so much!
Jack

·
Registered
'08 Esky
87 Posts
Dont feel bad.Its just a Tahoe with more electronics and more junk thats gonna break.Ive only had my 08 for 5 months and already have replaced front struts,motor mount and headlight,trying to diagnose my cruise control and now my drivers side AC goes warm when I put it on 61 degrees.I'd tough it out and find a truck thats being parted out.

·
Registered
2008 escalade esv
44 Posts
Why did you have to replace your front struts? Were they making a bad noise? I may have similar problem. Price? Thanks.
Dont feel bad.Its just a Tahoe with more electronics and more junk thats gonna break.Ive only had my 08 for 5 months and already have replaced front struts,motor mount and headlight,trying to diagnose my cruise control and now my drivers side AC goes warm when I put it on 61 degrees.I'd tough it out and find a truck thats being parted out.

·
Registered
'08 Esky
87 Posts
Why did you have to replace your front struts? Were they making a bad noise? I may have similar problem. Price? Thanks.
When they go bad they begin to make thumping noises and squeaks,I noticed also when going over speedbumps the front end of the truck seemed to slam to the ground like they were frozen or something.You will know it.The ride will be awful and you will not enjoy your truck.$365 shipped for both Arnott/Bilstein kit on ebay.Its the non electronic struts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts