Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everybody,
I have a 2007 escalade and im having a rear gate issues. It will only open a 1/4 of the way then reclose itself using both the key fob and the interior button. I dont know where to start to get it fixed. The other issue im having is the exterior button to open the gate doesnt work, the window button works fine and using my key fob or interior get release works fine. thank you all for your help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had this issue also. In my case the two gas struts on either side where old. I changed them out to new ones and my lift gate works normal again. You can test if yours are worn out by opening the lift gate and helping it open by hand while its opening. If it opens all the way up with you helping then its probably time to change the gas struts.
Good luck. Let me know how you make out.

·
Registered
04' and 09' Escalade
20 Posts
its likely the gas struts are weak and need to be replaced. I just had to do it on my 2009 as it was doing the same thing

·
2007 Escalade
2007 Escalade AWD
247 Posts
Struts....but could possibly be the tailgate lock actuator too.
When my actuator started to die, it would open the tailgate partially then close.
There would also be a clicking sound, like it was constantly locking or unlocking while the tailgate is lifting and right after it closes.

If your not hearing that sound, it's most likely just the struts. $20 and 5-10 minutes to replace.

·
Registered
Escalade
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem increases....firstly I'd like to thank you guys for your advice and it is very much appreciated. I replaced the lock actuator (about 6 months ago),gas struts, and liftgate motor. After I replaced the gas struts it still did the same thing. So I felt the motor may have been bad. I replaced the motor and now I'm getting nothing, no release or even sounds of the liftgate motor. Is there a reset button or something else that im missing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts