Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 escalade and I just bought 2 pairs of the 5th Gen projector ghost lights. I got the front doors installed and they work fine, I just spliced into the existing courtesy lights at the bottom of the door. The problem is the rear doors, they don't have a courtesy light. Can anybody tell me what wires I can spice into for this to work? I know it can be done because when the doors open the dome lights come on so there is some kind of switch. I was reading and people were saying there is a negative ground wire that completes a circuit when the door opens and that can be used for this.

·
Registered
'16 VSport (wife's), '10 Escalade, '97 & '02 SS Camaro's, '15 Silverado LTZ
1,131 Posts
Correct, most dome lamp switches have a constant 12v supply and the door switch ground makes/breaks the circuit.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, do you know of wire colors for what I can use for power and which one is the ground that will turn my led on and off withe dome lights?

·
Registered
66DeVille Vert 76Coupe Delegance 07Escalade ESV 96Fleetwood 83Coupe Deville 70Calais
661 Posts
If you are doing any electrical you should definately have a multimeter.

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,852 Posts
steven2014 said:
Ok, do you know of wire colors for what I can use for power and which one is the ground that will turn my led on and off withe dome lights?
at the body control module under the dash,pink plug, left rear is light blue with black stripe and right rear is light green with black stripe, they provide a negative output when the door is open, i also show they exist in each door however there is no constant power in the door

·
Registered
2007 Black Escalade EXT
355 Posts
I am looking at installing these on my 2007 EXT, but I will do Front doors only. Any pics of the install? Tips on where to install? Etc...

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did not take any pics of this while I installed it but I can take some sinice I have to readjust one of the lights already.

I will say that on my escalade the bottom of the door panel is slightly tilted out and that makes the picture show up on an angle. It's still nice but not how I thought it should look.

As soon as my car gets out of the shop I'll try to come up with a fix and share.

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV
136 Posts
I dont believe there is a constant 12v source inside the rear doors. You may need to tap into another source and run it into the door. As for ground, check the door lock latch, it should have a 2-wire harness that helps complete the ground.

·
Registered
A red 2007 escalade base and a orange 2004 lamborghini galla
167 Posts
Honestly that upgrade is pointless your risking frying some wires or the retractable steps and then it's just another thing you have to worry about failing who is looking at the ground all the time you might as well buy a flag with the Cadillac logo to be honest

·
Registered
2007 Black Escalade EXT
355 Posts
Honestly that upgrade is pointless your risking frying some wires or the retractable steps and then it's just another thing you have to worry about failing who is looking at the ground all the time you might as well buy a flag with the Cadillac logo to be honest
Most "Upgrades" are Pointless and just a matter of personal taste and personal expression.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts