Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend and I are possibly looking into buying an 07 escalade. I found a few in our price range, just don't know a lot about them enough to make a final decision or not. Right now we own an 06 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, we maybe get anywhere from 10-12 mpg smh. Is there much of a gas difference from the Escalade to what we get now on the Jeep? I don't drive a ton, I can put $20 worth of gas in the Jeep and last me a few days. Vacation is another thing, we go to Myrtle Beach every year from Pittsburgh and just barely fit our stuff in the back. Is folding the 3rd row seats about the same size as the Jeeps trunk space?

I'm loving all the features on the Escalade, it's a clean truck and I've always wanted to get one, really like the 07-14 body style. One thing I noticed at one we were looking at, the chrome on the rims was starting to peal, is this an expensive fix or would it just need new ones?

Heres a link to the carfax if anyone sees anything I should be concerned about. Seems like the 2nd and 3rd owners had a decent amount of stuff replaced or fixed. Curious if these Escalades have more problems down the road or they decided to just get the stuff fixed anyway.

I just don't wanna shoot myself in the foot not getting a newer car, then again we got the Jeep about 2 years ago and took a chance (which now needs some work).

Just looking for some opinions of actual owners on what they think.

I appreciate any help, thanks.

----------

Forgot to add the carfax link, couldn't figure out how to edit my original post:

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?make=CAD&vin=34|-108|66|-106|93|-74|-122|-37|122|-112|126|26|-93|-86|-39|100|59|-94|22|-85|-110|-48|81|106|&dealer_id=66303851&car_id=398247686&partner=ATD_U

·
Registered
Cadillac
233 Posts
I have a loaded (every option) '07 and love it - can't beat the luxury with over 7000 lbs. towing capacity. I do 90% local driving, going for coffee mornings, errands etc. and my display mpg average is never below 14.7 - 15. Highway trips it will be in the high teens, 18-19.5. The '07s had a few minor issue with trim, door handles and side window surrounds but are great vehicles. They also don't have cylinder deactivation which is good since it can have problems. Piston slap is fairly common in LS engines and is not a problem. Check the history as much as possible - any dealer can pull up (dealer) service history from the VIN.

·
Registered
A red 2007 escalade base and a orange 2004 lamborghini galla
167 Posts
If you get one in good condition mechanically I promise you won't regret it

·
Registered
2007 Escalade LUX.
58 Posts
It is a good solid truck that still looks brand new. I have had 3 wheels replaced for the peeling chrome. 2 under warranty a few years ago and one a week ago. It was $1300 for one wheel but GM paid half.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
Buyer beware on the 07 given that it is the first model year for the body style. Some people had great luck and have solid trucks and others have had nightmares.

Chrome wheels are notorious for peeling and you would be best replacing them.

We had an 07 Yukon Denali XL and had the tranny go early, after the warranty was finished unfortunately. As time wore on more went wrong...peeling inner door handles, outer door handles coming off( this is still an issue with newer one so), dreaded service stabilitrack, oil pressure issues which lead us to buy a new truck.

Take time to search this forum and read about the 07's to see the potential issues (there is a wealth of information from an incredible group of people who adore these trucks) about what to look for before buying...shocks being one issue that always comes up. DO YOUR RESEARCH! Get service records if possible, some people care for their trucks and you will get many great years out of it and others don't do any service and you will end up with a heap of headaches.

These are awesome trucks and you will love it if you buy a good one, good luck?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2015 Escalade and 2018 CTS-V
320 Posts
Buyer beware on the 07 given that it is the first model year for the body style. Some people had great luck and have solid trucks and others have had nightmares.

Chrome wheels are notorious for peeling and you would be best replacing them.

We had an 07 Yukon Denali XL and had the tranny go early, after the warranty was finished unfortunately. As time wore on more went wrong...peeling inner door handles, outer door handles coming off( this is still an issue with newer one so), dreaded service stabilitrack, oil pressure issues which lead us to buy a new truck.

Take time to search this forum and read about the 07's to see the potential issues (there is a wealth of information from an incredible group of people who adore these trucks) about what to look for before buying...shocks being one issue that always comes up. DO YOUR RESEARCH! Get service records if possible, some people care for their trucks and you will get many great years out of it and others don't do any service and you will end up with a heap of headaches.

These are awesome trucks and you will love it if you buy a good one, good luck��

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I have to disagree. "Some have good luck some have nightmares" - that could be said about anything and everything. Cars, homes, water.... I've heard complaints for all escalade years. Personally, I'm on my second (knock on wood) damn near perfect 07 escalades.

·
Registered
993 Posts
These trucks are fairly reliable granted they have been maintained well. I would say 90% of Escalade owners don't give a rats ass about oil change intervals or other maintenance services, so you better pray the one you are looking for has been loved, otherwise you will regret it. You are going to be the fourth owner of that truck. That alone would make me run.

Look for a well kept one or two owner truck with service records.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts