Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this 07 cadilac escalade second hand and I absolutely love it. But... Its a nightmare.
First let me explain the issues.
1. Stalls after coming off highway speeds. Continues to stall in town if on highway for long periods of time.
2. Traction control comes on and then that seems to start the stall process??
3. Cruise control does not work.
4. Check engine light will come on only sometimes when the stalling and traction control have issues.
We just took it on trip and came back. On the way back it stalled several times. Check engine light came on. Traction control came on. Stalled all over town and my husband parked it for the night at our house. When I woke up this morning to take kids and started it it stalled while warming up outside (its currently -15). Finally got going and the instrument panel wasn't working, and it wasn't shifting out of 1st gear.
Ran a code scanner on it and these are the codes I got: c0561, u0100, u0073, u0140, c0242, p0724, p0011, p0513, p0573, p0575, p0700, p0703, p0856, p2544.
We do know that it has an intake manifold exhaust leak that we need to repair.
It also have 24 inch rims on it which are not standard. I bought it like that and plan to switch them to something smaller. And it also needs new brakes and rotors.

We have already done the following things-
Changed the oil- has just over 1000 miles on oil change.
Replaced plugs and wires
Cleaned out the throttle body
Replaced the cam position sensor 2 times
Replaced ground wire

We are at a loss with what to do at this point but really could use some help! I love this car but it getting to be more of a pain and with small children I need reliable.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Body Control Module BCM

C0561 - Drop the spare tire, crawl under and look up, two10mm nuts on the top side hold it in place. Very large connection for the wiring harness. The BCMis made of aluminum and rides in a steel frame around it, very prone to corrosion. On mine i had to make my own ground from the aluminum to the chassis. At the end of the wiring harness there is a plug thst is actually a resistor, ensure it is 110ohms and clean off any corrosion.

Cruise Control
It will not engage if a sensor is bad, most common are the brake light switch sensor on the brake pedal which correponds to the p0724. ACDelco D1539J

·
Registered
50 Posts
For brake rotors, R1 Concepts has slotted and drilled rotors that are fantastic - but their brake pads are no good. These rotors have to be bedded in, which is driving hard and braking harder to burn off the protective coating, articles on their site. Look for Power Stop Evolution brake pads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts