Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
A red 2007 escalade base and a orange 2004 lamborghini galla
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had to tow my girlfriends stuff over to my place and when I started loading it when I turned the truck on the compressor automatically kicked on and every once in a while it kept turning on would my struts be bad? Or could it be something else the trailer was kinda big but we barley out anything on it it wasn't a heavy load

·
Registered
171 Posts
Re: 08 escalade rear air shocks

Try to squeeze rubber part on strut when car is running if you can squeeze them easy than your air bags are shot.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What would the rubber part look like or be located top bottom? And around how much for new ones is that the air compressor thing not the strut?

----------

Bear with me haha I don't know much about his yet...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks I'll check it out. is it a easy repair or would I need a mechanic and is it expensive ?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Re: 08 escalade rear air shocks

200 per strut (aftermarket of course), I don't know your mechanical skill, but any shop be able to do this in hour or 1.5. not more that .

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,830 Posts
gloz28 level control posts moved from hijacked thread.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know what that means submariner but ok thanks I'll check it out then I seen a couple videos by armor and it is kinda simple I'll check it out tho but thanks for the info

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I squeezed it and the black plastic part wasn't hard and I could feel the very inside metal part they need replacing them right?

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
1,177 Posts
Try with no trailer and see if it does the same exact thing. Could just be the weight of the trailer anything in it or not still weight not sure if it's open or enclosed but it stills weighs enough. If it does it all the time you have a hole in your shocks and you'll need to replace them asap before your compressor burns out

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Without the trailer it does it sometimes but I looked under the truck and the black part of the shock is kinda squishy does that mean I should replace them now? Like I can squish it to where I feel the metal of the shock

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
1,177 Posts
Well he's saying let them fill up and see if they are hard (holding air) I usually just visually inspect for a rip or tear. The air compressor is suppose to kick on every now and then to maintain the ride height it needs. I have 2 12" subs in the back of my truck so it goes on more often because of the extra weight. They usually last around 100,000 miles and cost about 275 each if you do OEM which isn't really necessary unless you love the truck and you wanna keep it forever the Monroes are fine. Install isn't that tricky if your mechanically inclined and you don't care about laying on the floor

See the rips?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh ok thanks mine got some dark grime near the bottom but I'll check it out and do it myself thanks for the info

1 - 13 of 13 Posts