Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 escalade ext
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the Cadillac world can't seem to find any help online about my Cadillac truck. My problem is if I let it sit for any longer than about 3 to 4 hours it takes about 5 seconds or longer to start but if I let it sit overnight it won't start unless I prime the fuel system 2 or 3 times before trying to start it then it fires right up. Was looking online an came across some articles about fuel pressure regulator but I can't find one on the motor and nobody even the dealer don't have one listed in their system. Has anyone had this problem or have some suggestions that would be great if I could get some feedback on this also I don't have any check engine lights or anything on

·
Registered
DHS, 2007 ESV
241 Posts
Fuel pump. The regulator is part of the pump, as this is a returnless system. You have to drop the tank to get to it.

My regulator failed the other way, I had 170psi of fuel pressure vs. the normal 50 or so! The DIC said I was getting 25MPG, because it uses injector pulsewidth (on-time) vs. miles traveled to calculate fuel economy. There is no fuel pressure sensor so the ECM will just trim pulsewidth (long term fuel trim) until it hits the limit in the calibration. Then it sets a bank 1 & 2 rich code, making you think the O2 sensors are bad. I replaced all 4 sensors, still got the code, then put a fuel pressure gage on it just for kicks. I thought the gage wasn't working, because the needle was at zero with the engine running. Then I realized the needle was on the other side of the zero stop pin - pegged! New pump was about $230 on Amazon.com. Running the tank low on fuel helps make the installation easier...

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
The fuel pump of my 2009 escalade hybrid failed without warning at 183k miles while I was pulling my newly bought MB GLK350 4matic. It's a good thing to have a backup vehicle;)

·
Registered
2007 escalade ext
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was hoping it wasn't the pump but guess I know what I'm doing this weekend thanks a lot for the info

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV
4 Posts
So a lot of what is in this thread seems like what I'm experiencing. When I fuel up, it will turn over for about 6 times and then when I turn the key off and turn back on, it will start right up. It does feel sluggish and it doesn't have any problem starting after sitting. Just after fueling. If I keep it running while fueling, it will try to quit before the idling re-corrects and when it seems to idle fine. Please help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts