Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
escalade
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the following information for a 2007 escalade:

Front Differential Capacity and what fluid to put in?

Rear Differential Capacity and what fluid to put in?
(Does it require friction Modifier?)

Transfer Case and what fluid to put in?

Also any advice from someone who has changed these fluids them selves.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
The front diff holds about 2 quarts and the rear diff about 3 quarts, the fluid I use Amsoil Severe Gear 75-90 has the friction mod in it, but I add the small bottle from GM as well in the rear. The front is simple there is a fill and drain bolt, the rear does not have that, it only has the one, you need to remove the rear access or "suck" the oil out with a suction unit, that is what I use. I used the GM transfer case oil, it's synthetic and I was got 2 quarts for free from a GM tech. I change my own oils

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
All 07's and up are suppose to have the G80 (I think that is the option number) for their rear diff's, pretty sure mine were stamped or tagged with the G80 number, I believe that is trak-loc diff

·
Registered
2016 ELR
175 Posts
All 07's and up are suppose to have the G80 (I think that is the option number) for their rear diff's, pretty sure mine were stamped or tagged with the G80 number, I believe that is trak-loc diff
I thought G80 was a locker, not a limited slip? It definitely was on my 2500HD pickup, anyway.

- Mark

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
What is the maintence schedule on changing the diff/transfer case fluids? If its an 07, it probably doesn't have enough miles on it to justify changing it.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Don't know what the manual says, I change mine at the first oil change, and then every 20k miles, I know it's overkill but I live and drive in places where there is no help if you have a problem

·
Banned
ESV 2007
42 Posts
The front diff holds about 2 quarts and the rear diff about 3 quarts, the fluid I use Amsoil Severe Gear 75-90 has the friction mod in it, but I add the small bottle from GM as well in the rear. The front is simple there is a fill and drain bolt, the rear does not have that, it only has the one, you need to remove the rear access or "suck" the oil out with a suction unit, that is what I use. I used the GM transfer case oil, it's synthetic and I was got 2 quarts for free from a GM tech. I change my own oils
I thought the transfer case used type 6 Gm trans fluid? am I wrong on this? What is the transfer case oil you are talking about?

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I thought the transfer case used type 6 Gm trans fluid? am I wrong on this? What is the transfer case oil you are talking about?
I used transfer case synthetic oil I got from a GM tech, it had a GM part number on it, it looked and smelled different than the dexron VI, so that is what I used

·
Registered
Caddy EXT
646 Posts
Transfer case oil is blue , I don't know what it is , maybe just a different color so you can tell whats leaking . I think you are still supposed to use the little bottles of stuff for the G80 . best bet is to check w/ the dealer .

·
Banned
ESV 2007
42 Posts
Ok 2 questions,

1st: does anyone have a part number and can you tell me how much the transfer case holds?

2nd: When doing the rear, I know the cover has to come off, do you have to replace the gasket or is it oringed? I dont want to get there and not have what I need.

·
Registered
'07 Escalade EXT
16 Posts
bump. I need to do the same service on my 07 EXT AWD. Dealer wants $159 for transmission fluid change/flush, $159 for front diff, $159 for rear diff, and $159 for transfer case.

For that much money, I'm sure I could purchase all the specialty tools and parts/fluids needed to do it myself for the next 100,000 miles. I'm going to purchase the service manual right now from some online reseller.

If anyone knows more about this, it would sure be helpful. I was surprised that nobody responded to this old thread with all the answers. hmmmmm

Found this: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...um-2007/251706-transmission-fluid-change.html

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,753 Posts
hcvone said:
I used transfer case synthetic oil I got from a GM tech, it had a GM part number on it, it looked and smelled different than the dexron VI, so that is what I used
I thought you said you were suppose to use dexron vi not the 75w-90 differential fluid from BG which is also used in transfer case?

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,753 Posts
I just had my front, rear and transfer case fluids replaced. You are right about the pricing=$450+. The dealer use a GM differential fluid 75w/90 made by BG with friction/LSD additive for both front and back. Now here is the kicker, they used the same fluid which came from BG and used it in the transfer case even if the GM service manual says dextrin vi. I'm not happy and will bring it back to the dealer to replace it with AC delco dexron vi.

GM part number differential oil. 75w/90. 89021677 or 9986115
Dexron vi. GM part number. 88861003

1 - 20 of 28 Posts