Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys .. I have a 2007 Escalade that’s been having an ac issue .. the ac has been getting warmer and warmer over the past six months. Seems like it needs a Freon charge. Went out and purchased some AC pro with a new hose to add the Freon. I hooked up the hose to the low side pressure connection but for some reason I cannot get the AC pro to go in. I thought maybe the can was bad and the hose was bad so I went out and bought a new can of ac pro and a new hose and for some reason the truck will not take the Freon. The can is pierced and connected to the new hose but still cannot get Freon in with new ac pro hose .. any suggestions?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Are you sure that the connector on the AC system side of the hose is depressing the valve? You need to have the engine running with the AC turned on when charging, to get the low side pressure low enough to get much to flow from the can.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Also ... if it has been getting steadily warmer, that is obviously a sign of a leak. It is best to get that fixed; rather than just adding refrigerant to it, which would end up leaking out to the atmosphere. Another good reason to get it fixed, is if the leak is in the evaporator, refrigerant would leak into the passenger compartment through the HVAC system, and 134A is toxic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts