Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I had Doug over at LAPD dyno tune my 2007 Escalade and all I can say is WOW! He really woke the truck up. He did a full dyno tune and tuned the transmission and what a difference. It is a different truck altogether!

If you are in the Los Angeles area, I urge you to contact LAPD for a K&N Aircharger install and a dyno tune. Doug spent almost ALL DAY on my car to get it right and his tuning abilities are just great!

Not only did I pick up 25 RWHP and 25 RWTQ, I am sure I also picked up some good mileage which is also great news. Since the car was very rich from the factory, it consumed gas like the rest of the Escalades out there. Now the truck moves effortlessly. All I do now is tap the gas pedal very easily and it gets up and goes which will save me in gas. Looking at the air/fuel ratio on the dyno, you can see that in stock form, the truck is very rich. After the tune, it is running exactly where it should be.

The performance is there and since the transmission is now tuned, there is no lag between shifts and it doesn't hunt for the right gear on upshifts or downshifts.

I did a baseline dyno run and then LAPD installed the K&N Aircharger cold air intake system and then Doug dyno tuned it. I have the stock exhaust system.

I have attached the before and after dyno sheet so you can see the gains!

Amazing I say, simply AMAZING!!

SG

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Re: 2007 Escalade 2WD with K&N Aircharger and LAPD Dyno Tune, 25RWHP/25RWTQ GAIN!!!!

Do they have a 4 wheel dyno, or a 2 wheel? Nothing like dyno tuning for the best performance, now you need long tube headers (when they are released), near 400 at the rear wheels with long tubes. ;)

·
Registered
07' White Diamond EXT
475 Posts
Re: 2007 Escalade 2WD with K&N Aircharger and LAPD Dyno Tune, 25RWHP/25RWTQ GAIN!!!!

Wow congrats...you are soo lucky...i wish I was near there...do you know of anywhere in in the NY area where I can have this done????

·
Registered
07 Yukon
22 Posts

Very nice. Definately a worthy mod.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

hcvone,

LAPD used to have an AWD Dynojet, but they got a new Dynojet eddy current with load control 2WD dyno. My 2007 Escalade is a 2WD, so it worked out just fine. You are right, nothing like a custom dyno tune specific to your car. I don't think my wife needs 400 RWHP, so I think this is as far as we go with the car.

nofinga911,

If you have an AWD Escalade, it will be tough finding a GM dyno tuner with an AWD dyno anywhere. Try making calls to the Corvette tuners in your area and they should be able to accomodate you as long as they have an AWD dyno.

Barzten1,

Yes, it was money well spent and it wasn't that much to spend either for that much power. It was cheap HP!

SG

·
Registered
2016 Platinum
266 Posts

There Is A Few Shops Here In CT With All Wheel Dynos.

·
Registered
10 CTS-V, 13 ESCALADE, 06 C6, YAM R1
574 Posts

lol...shawn is on a tuning tear...lookout.

next you'll be on my yamaha r1 forum or jetski forum talking about how you tuned the hell out of them too...

that's some solid gains for an intake and tune. good deal.

bmb

·
Registered
2007 EXT
171 Posts

If I am not being too forward, what did the tuning cost? Is this a program that can be put into the predator and done at home?

RLTW

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

BMBSALES,

Now both my Cadillacs are tuned and running the way they should have from the factory. Both my Escalade and STS-V are just awesome to drive now.

If I am not being too forward, what did the tuning cost? Is this a program that can be put into the predator and done at home?

RLTW
I paid $650.00 for a full dyno tune which was worth every penny in my opinion, especially since Doug took all day working on my Escalade. I don't think most tuners would have put the time in that he did. He used HP Tuner software so you would NOT be able to use it with the Predator.

SG

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts

Yesterday, I had Doug over at LAPD dyno tune my 2007 Escalade and all I can say is WOW! He really woke the truck up. He did a full dyno tune and tuned the transmission and what a difference. It is a different truck altogether!

If you are in the Los Angeles area, I urge you to contact LAPD for a K&N Aircharger install and a dyno tune. Doug spent almost ALL DAY on my car to get it right and his tuning abilities are just great!

Not only did I pick up 25 RWHP and 25 RWTQ, I am sure I also picked up some good mileage which is also great news. Since the car was very rich from the factory, it consumed gas like the rest of the Escalades out there. Now the truck moves effortlessly. All I do now is tap the gas pedal very easily and it gets up and goes which will save me in gas. Looking at the air/fuel ratio on the dyno, you can see that in stock form, the truck is very rich. After the tune, it is running exactly where it should be.

The performance is there and since the transmission is now tuned, there is no lag between shifts and it doesn't hunt for the right gear on upshifts or downshifts.

I did a baseline dyno run and then LAPD installed the K&N Aircharger cold air intake system and then Doug dyno tuned it. I have the stock exhaust system.

I have attached the before and after dyno sheet so you can see the gains!

Amazing I say, simply AMAZING!!

SG

Very nice I have the same motor....Do you have/dyno with the 22's? What program did they use for your tune HPTuners

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Very nice I have the same motor....Do you have/dyno with the 22's? What program did they use for your tune HPTuners
Doug over at LAPD used HP Tuner software to tune my Escalade.

I do have the stock 22" wheels and the before and after numbers are with the stock OEM 22" wheels.

SG

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts

Doug over at LAPD used HP Tuner software to tune my Escalade.

I do have the stock 22" wheels and the before and after numbers are with the stock OEM 22" wheels.

SG
Congrats man, once again very nice given the mods you have! I am using HPTuners Professional version as well to tune my ride, still waiting to head over to the dyno.....Have any idea how much additional timing he gave you. Shot in the dark... but any chance you think they would email you a copy of the tune... I'm dyning to take a peak at the changes made.. Myself and a few other 6.2 owners are just trying to gather as much info as possible on this new motor, we like to swap tunes around and try new things. I'll hook you up with a super tune when we are done....lol! I noticed they leaned you out a good bit...you were running pig rich before.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Congrats man, once again very nice given the mods you have! I am using HPTuners Professional version as well to tune my ride, still waiting to head over to the dyno.....Have any idea how much additional timing he gave you. Shot in the dark... but any chance you think they would email you a copy of the tune... I'm dyning to take a peak at the changes made.. Myself and a few other 6.2 owners are just trying to gather as much info as possible on this new motor, we like to swap tunes around and try new things. I'll hook you up with a super tune when we are done....lol! I noticed they leaned you out a good bit...you were running pig rich before.
I am not sure how much additional timing he gave me. He tuned the car on 87 octane so I can't imagine he was able to put a lot in. I don't know if they will email you the tune. Yes, he had to lean the truck out because it was so pig rich which was doing nothing but wasting fuel. So far, the car is more powerful, a lot more responsive off the line and getting better mileage than before and on 87 octane! I couldn't have asked for a better tune that I received from Doug at LAPD.

SG

1 - 14 of 14 Posts