Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2007 escalade base
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 escalade with just over 80k miles on it. A couple months ago we started having issues with a rough idle. code was misfire cylinder number 4. I changed plugs and wires and so on and so on. Then gave a low oil pressure warning.

I ended up taking it to the stealer and waisted money there. they couldnt really narrow down the misfire but told me oil pump needed replaced, so i took it home and replaced it. Still had low oil pressure warning and misfire codes.

I decided to go ahead and pull the head and sure enough one of the rollers on the lifter was toast and the cam is toast.

So on to my questions, i want to replace the cam bearings because i believe it is the root cause, so while im into it that far i might as well rebuild it. however im having a hard time finding a rebuild kit. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Also I know it doesnt have AFM but what about VVT? Can i go with a bigger cam without having to have it retuned? Thanks in advance!!!!!

·
Registered
A red 2007 escalade base and a orange 2004 lamborghini galla
167 Posts
Avoid the damn dealer they only want our money haha honestly don't even go again

·
Registered
2007 escalade base
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah trust me I learned my lesson about the dealer.

I was hoping jus to find a complete kit so Ididnt have to piece it together and take a chance of missing somthing.

·
Registered
2007 escalade base
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called summit and was on the phone with them for a half hour for him to come back and say he couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
2007 escalade base
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For "wealthy" people is kinda what I was blaming it on as well. But still the 6.2 has been put in other rigs as well. Just need to try and find a rebuild kit lol. I've got a buddy that works at the gm stealer and he sent all the part numbers to me individually but I'm just afraid there well be some forgotten items.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,457 Posts
It's because Escalades are for "wealthy " people do you think "wealthy" people take apart their escalade engines no it's gonna be hard to find info on these trucks but if I get the time I will do some research to help you out
Wealthy people Escalade has nothing to do with it. Its a GM 6.2L engine used in several applications.

What exactly are you wanting to replace,, bearings, seals and gaskets??

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2009 CTS-V and 2006 GTO
69 Posts
Yes bigger cam retune unless you like smelling fuel, LOL. Try CTS-V or Corvette sites there is tons out there for these engines! This really is low mileage for this to happen really sucks!!! GL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts