Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the stock 17x7 chromed seven spoke wheels but plan on getting 20x8.5” wheels with Vogue 245/40/20 tires. I can’t seem to get ANY definite information or help from ANY local custom wheel companies here in FL *unless I buy them from them...”NO customer service- their loss“...ain’t gonna happen! I know the wheels I want, I am pretty sure of the tire size - but unsure of the correct offset/back spacing needed for swap out of a stock 17x7” to a 20x8.5” and don’t want to get stuck with any rubbing/interference issues.... any definite/confirmed information would greatly be appreciated! Sincere Thanks...

Respectfully,
Bill

·
Registered
1968 Deville convertible
122 Posts
I have 114.3 on a +35mm offset. It sits almost flush. 20x8.5. I have a thread check it out Discount tire hooked me up at first they didn't want to put 114.3 but after talking to the vendor 114.3 causes 0 issues. Let me know if you cant find the thread

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 114.3 on a +35mm offset. It sits almost flush. 20x8.5. I have a thread check it out Discount tire hooked me up at first they didn't want to put 114.3 but after talking to the vendor 114.3 causes 0 issues. Let me know if you cant find the thread
chicago1- thanks for the feedback... do you have an 06-11 DTS as well? If 35mm offset is sitting ALMOST flush, have you had ANY rubbing/interference issues- AT ALL? Or Should I go to a 40mm offset?? I intend to purchase my 245/40-20 Vogues through Discount tire (because of their expense- and don’t want to have to try and repair them myself if needed- AT that expense!) My “beef“ is, Discount can’t get the wheels I WANT- that’s why I’m so hesitant and trying to VERIFY the correct/proper size and offset before I buy wheels from somewhere else... I don’t want to get stuck with another company’s wheel- with mounted Vogues- that can’t be returned! Did Discount finally end up installing wheels/tires for you due to the 114.3mm -vs- 115mm lug pattern concern? That’ll be my next issue as to if MY store will even do it... because the wheels I really like DON‘T come in 5x115, only 114.3...

Thanks for anymore info- greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,
Bill- Orlando
theFreakyGreek

·
Registered
2011 dts premium
246 Posts
chicago1- thanks for the feedback... do you have an 06-11 DTS as well? If 35mm offset is sitting ALMOST flush, have you had ANY rubbing/interference issues- AT ALL? Or Should I go to a 40mm offset?? I intend to purchase my 245/40-20 Vogues through Discount tire (because of their expense- and don’t want to have to try and repair them myself if needed- AT that expense!) My “beef“ is, Discount can’t get the wheels I WANT- that’s why I’m so hesitant and trying to VERIFY the correct/proper size and offset before I buy wheels from somewhere else... I don’t want to get stuck with another company’s wheel- with mounted Vogues- that can’t be returned! Did Discount finally end up installing wheels/tires for you due to the 114.3mm -vs- 115mm lug pattern concern? That’ll be my next issue as to if MY store will even do it... because the wheels I really like DON‘T come in 5x115, only 114.3...

Thanks for anymore info- greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,
Bill- Orlando
theFreakyGreek
Keep your stock rims and put Vogues (235/55/17) on them.Your car will look just as good or even better than almost any other rim you can buy.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts