Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2007 DTS Not Starting Sometimes

1997 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Cadillac Customer Service
I have a 2007 DTS. This is the 2nd time this has happened. I turned the car off and
pumped gas. Got back in the car and it didn't want to turn over as if the battery was
dying. I didn't leave anything on and the keys were in my pocket. I got a boost and it
started instantly. The other time it happened I went into the house came back got in
and it didn't start. Again a boost made it turn over instantly. In between times the car
runs perfect. I took it in to have the battery checked and they said the battery was fine
pushing over 13 volts. So, I'm in hopes that someone will have an answer for me
because I'm clueless as to why this is happening.

On another note, can somebody inform me to what is the wire that's near the
battery that has a little ring attached that's supposed to go on the screw that's
coming from the body of the car. When I got the battery checked we noticed it was dangling loose so slid it over the long screw and capped it with a nut. He had no idea what the wire was for. All I can say is it's a battery wire that we assumed went
over the tall black screw that's mounted on the body of the car. Maybe it's some
of ground wire or memory wire? Please help
1 - 2 of 7 Posts
Take both battery cables loose... Negative cable first.
Now look at where the NEGATIVE cable connects to the BODY/FLOOR of the car.
Take it loose there and you will notice that paint is in between the cable and the body/floor of the car.
Sand away the paint around the area where it connects.
Reconnect it to the body/floor of the car.

Hook the cables back up ... connecting the negative cable LAST.

Texas Jim
Thanks, Texas Jim. Shouldn't that have always been a problem? Why start after all these years if the paint
has always been there?
I really don't know why it does it like that... works fine for a long time and then starts acting up.
There is a thread or two on this forum ( and other forums)... where someone had the exact same problem you are having.
It eventually turned out to be the painted connection...

It doesn't cost anything to sand the paint off and it's fairly easy to do... then if that doesn't help, at least you have eliminated that as a possible problem.
And if it does fix the problem... it was a quick and easy fix.

Texas Jim
1 - 2 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.