Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Ski

You need to get the proper soldering Iron to work on circuit boards. You are overheating the board and lifting the foil, also too much heat will create cold solder joints.

The GM TSB is in post 31. The problem is the terminals are rated to carry only 12 amps, all the current is on pin E. The new terminals are rated for 25 amps. GM fix it in the last half of 2008.

If you look at post #10 picture #4 you will see that you only need to solder pin E and M. By soldering the terminals it a direct connect and no current rating.

SUB the STS looks like you just took it off the show room.

Tom..

·
Registered
2007 DTS
98 Posts
Thanks Tom! After reading your post I took a very close look at the broken terminal that I soldered. Looks like it has to be replaced. I'll see if I can post a close up photo. Do you know the part number and where I can purchase the better terminal. Thanks Tom!
If I could find another control module that may be a better choice.

·
Registered
2007 DTS
98 Posts
Dagon - Tom - I've been searching the net to find a few terminal - pins to replace the one on the photo above. From the posts and photos I reviewed here it appears that there is at least one terminal pin, on the circuit board, that is not used. Could I carefully unsolder and resolver where the cracked pin is? Please let me know. Thanks so much, Ski
PS handwritten schematic, with two "Xed" pins, has been posted previously.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 DTS
98 Posts
Unable to post illustration of plug. Will try later. In the meantime here is the pin order. Just picture connector is on its side with protrusion on left.
Left side down: ABCDEF
Right side down: GHJKLM

·
Registered
2007 DTS
98 Posts
Does anyone have a photo of how the large wire harness, with white locking piece, is routed when putting the passenger seat back into position?
I was very happy yesterday after putting the new plug and terminal wire fittings on the old climate control module harness and testing the heat/cool front seats AND THEY WORKED!!!!!
Unfortunately after I put the seat back and screwed the two Torx T50 screws back in the seat would only go back so far. It must be getting caught on the main harness.
Any help/photos of the wire harness location when reassembling the passenger seat is greatly appreciated!!!
This has been an unbelievable repair journey! I never would have attempted to do this if it wasn't for ALL the posts on this fine Forum AND a remarkable YouTube video that was the exact problem and car as mine! It just amazes me how wonderful it is to get immediate help from members who have been through the same thing AND are willing to help another person get through their challenge!
Again, THANK YOU all for your help!
Regards,
Ski

·
Registered
2007 DTS
98 Posts
Thanks to all the members that helped me solve this problem! A special THANK YOU goes to R K's YouTube video "2007 Cadillac DTS Heated Seat Repair" that gave step by step instructions AND danog (Tom) that provided numerous answers to my many questions and provided a solution to my last problem after I got everything put back together - why my seat was not going back all the way - it was being hung up by the large wiring harness!
Best regards,
Ski
Green Cove Springs, FL

·
Registered
2007 DTS
161 Posts
I just did mine. Instead of replacing or cutting the plug, I just pulled the burned pin off the board and soldered a wire to both the back of the pin connection, and a few inches up from the connector on the harness side. hopefully having solder joints and no removable connector will keep it from happening again. Added a wire to the "M" pin as well, but left the pin in place because it wasn't burned. Was a little bit worried I didn't use heavy enough wire, but I left both seats on full blast for about 2 hours yesterday and checked it out again and it's not melting or anything so I think it's good. Will check on it again in a week. I couldve done it in a lot "better" ways, but it was damn hot out and i was working in direct sun so I tried to simplify the whole thing and do as much of the soldering inside my house as possible.

seatfix1.jpg
seatfix2.jpg

·
Registered
2006 dts,past03whitediamondsevillests-someday will have another seville/eldorado
180 Posts
I'm sorry, I just stumbled onto your question when hunting up the thread for another forum member.

No, only the right hand seat. The control module under the right hand seat controls the heat and cool for both driver and passenger. When all is well and it's quiet in the car you can hear the module click under the RH seat when you activate either the LH or RH seat heat/cool controls. If you don't have the heat/cool function working in either seat and you DON'T hear a click when you press the heat / cool seat switch the module has most likely lost connection.
Been trying to figure out if my heated/ac seats are working correctly. Most of the times it seems like it's not working. Sometimes if I'm wearing light shorts and it's hot out I can feel a little something but not as strong as other cars. I hear "click" when I turn them on. If you are hearing the "click" would it still be the wiring/module? Don't want to jinx it but that's the only thing I got going on with the car. Haven't pulled the seat up to check it yet thou. Thanks Eric

·
Registered
2008 DTS
1,332 Posts
Been trying to figure out if my heated/ac seats are working correctly. Most of the times it seems like it's not working. Sometimes if I'm wearing light shorts and it's hot out I can feel a little something but not as strong as other cars. I hear "click" when I turn them on. If you are hearing the "click" would it still be the wiring/module? Don't want to jinx it but that's the only thing I got going on with the car. Haven't pulled the seat up to check it yet thou. Thanks Eric
My seats don't overpower you either, just enough to make a difference. Especially on a real hot day when your back is sweaty.

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
1,340 Posts
Mine cool quickly and feel great. Same with the heat in the winter. I've always been careful what leather treatment product I put on. The seat bottom I spray a little on a cloth and wipe it on rather than spray directly onto the seat. So I get good airflow through the seat.

·
Registered
2007 DTS
161 Posts
you should be able to hear the fan in the seat running pretty clearly when it's on, as long as the radio and regular blower is off.
I've been using the cooled seats literally every time I get in the car, with an all black car with black leather interior I don't think I could go back to not having them... I wish they had a switch so they would just stay on after restart, I forget to turn them back on every time i stop at the gas station. I'm think i read something in my owner's manual about the seat heat running automatically when it's cold out until you open the door when using remote start and with hvac set on auto, but i don't think it does the opposite when it's hot out

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
1,340 Posts
you should be able to hear the fan in the seat running pretty clearly when it's on, as long as the radio and regular blower is off.
I've been using the cooled seats literally every time I get in the car, with an all black car with black leather interior I don't think I could go back to not having them... I wish they had a switch so they would just stay on after restart, I forget to turn them back on every time i stop at the gas station. I'm think i read something in my owner's manual about the seat heat running automatically when it's cold out until you open the door when using remote start and with hvac set on auto, but i don't think it does the opposite when it's hot out
My seats cool when its above 80F using the remote start. They heat when below 40f.

·
Registered
2006 Escalade, 2007 DTS
88 Posts
Fixed mine this morning thanks to this thread; heating and cooling well now. Was able to do it without unbolting the seat, just raising it all the way gave me enough room. Pulled out the yellow power wire from the connector, drilled a pass through in the connect where the yellow wire used to be. Soldered a new power wire right to the terminal on the module, ran it through the pass through in the connector and then soldered it back up to the yellow wire from the harness. Connector is then able to connect back up to the module like normal.

·
Registered
DTS '06 Lux II + Sunroof
21 Posts
It took me a while but I finally decided to unbolt my seats to find out why my heated/cooling function was inoperative.
Looks like I'm in the same boat as you, folks. I should be able to easily find a replacement connector at my local scrapyard.

·
2008 DTS
175 Posts
Old thread but worth the info..when I got my 08 it had the same issue.. I just went to the local junk yard and bought a passenger + driver seat for 100 bucks each.Installed them and everything works.They were the correct color of course and in better shape then the old seats.

·
Registered
DTS '06 Lux II + Sunroof
21 Posts
I couldn't find a replacement pigtail at my local scrapyard so I decided to reuse the old one and just drilled out the burned connection. I'll do the same with the ground and solder both directly on the female connectors.
I only have 2 questions (for now lol):

1 - Should I use the unused L connection to make a second ground? Just in case.
2 Should I use butt connectors or solder the stripped wires?

41 - 60 of 66 Posts