Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
'80 CDV, '92 SDV, '07 DTS
18 Posts
So when this happens, do you lose the heated and cooled functions at once? My '07 driver's seat does not heat, and can't really tell if it's cooling or not. I checked the two fuses and they are fine, so it looks like I will be removing the seat for further service.

·
Registered
2006 DTS LUX III, 2006 DTS w/sunroof & navigation (scrapped), 1997 ETC (Sold)
211 Posts
Yes, Heat and Cooling will not work in either front seat. Control buttons on doors will still light up.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury III
23 Posts
No dealer seems to have the 15304711 wire-harness connector terminals and Mouser.com doesn't seem to have any either. Do you know where I can get some to fix my heating/cooling seats? Are they under any other part numbers?

·
Registered
211 Posts
No dealer seems to have the 15304711 wire-harness connector terminals and Mouser.com doesn't seem to have any either. Do you know where I can get some to fix my heating/cooling seats? Are they under any other part numbers?
You can also use 15304712, only difference is the wire gauge. I used the 15304712 for my repair because I could get them in quantities of (1) from Freightliner Trucks. The 15304711 comes in a (200) piece package for some strange reason.

Also, make sure that you check them as 15304711 L and 15304712 L because that is the newer part number format.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury III
23 Posts
Not sure where you are looking? Mouser has over 4000 in stock ready to ship..

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...4711-L/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMuD5AK9w5s05qXFx%2bJp0CTC
Thanks, that is what I found to, but it says factory lead time is 11 weeks, which is what I understood to be the wait time to get them, but that once the lead time was up, they would 'ship immediately.' Is that incorrect?

----------

You can also use 15304712, only difference is the wire gauge. I used the 15304712 for my repair because I could get them in quantities of (1) from Freightliner Trucks. The 15304711 comes in a (200) piece package for some strange reason.

Also, make sure that you check them as 15304711 L and 15304712 L because that is the newer part number format.

Thanks!

I ended up finding some!
Turns out the Caddy dealers around here either didn't stock them, couldn't find them, or would not sell me pins (he'd gladly sell me the 300 dollar harness haha). Only one dealer said he would only sell 1 of the pins (they only had 3 on-hand) and I see from the forum that it might be best to replace a few or all 8 or 10 of them. So I called everywhere and ended up finally finding them at the non-caddy GMC dealers who didn't have any problem at all selling them to me. FYI

Couple questions:

1) The difference between the L and non-L or Delphi part numbers: is there any difference, because I believe I am going to pick up the non-L part numbers from GMC after work today. Are the L's more robust in any way or just updated part numbers? Will the 15304712 be more resistant to the issue since the gauge is bigger, or doesn't it matter since the wire itself is still what it is?

2) So, just to be clear, you guys cut around all the plastic in the connector and saved all the wires and salvageable wire terminals in the harness, cleaned them up, put in the new terminals and called it a day, or did you do anything to make the connection more robust to prevent this failure in the future? I am weary of soldering on to the module, especially since I didn't remove the seat to get the module out. Is that solder the only way to make this more robust?

3) Could I just cut the wires behind the connector and strip them and put them in the new connector with all-new terminals, or will there not be enough wire for this?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
757 Posts
All GM dealers get the terminals kits if they like it or not. The trays are usually in the parts department. Terminal E is the one that’s burns. If you go to a GM dealer for terminals 15304713 tell them there in tray #19 His parts book doesn’t tell him what trays they are in. They come 20 in a package.

A customer may comment the heated / cooled seat feature is inop for either the driver or passenger front seat. The cause may be a poor connection of the climate control seat module (CCSM) C1 pin E circuit 1440 (2006- 2007 model years) or X1 pin E circuit 1440 (2008 model year).

Heated/Cooled Seat Connector

Climate Control Seat Module – Front C1 (KB6)

• Pins: A, B, C, D, G, H, J, K
  • Terminal/Tray: 15304711/8
  • Core/Insulation Crimp: 2/A
  • Release Tool/Test Probe: 15315247/J-35616-4A (PU)

• Pins: E, M
  • Terminal/Tray: 15304713/19
  • Core/Insulation Crimp: F/D
  • Release Tool/Test Probe: 15315247/J-35616-4A (PU)
A
L-GN/WH
Passenger Seat Cushion Heated/Cool Ventilation Module Heat Control
B
L-GN/OG
Passenger Seat Cushion Heated/Cool Ventilation Module Cool Control
C
L-BU
Passenger Seat Back Heated/Cool Ventilation Module Heat Control
D
TN/OG
Passenger Seat Back Heated/Cool Ventilation Module Cool Control
E
YE/GY
Battery Positive Voltage
F
Not Used
G
PK
Driver Seat Cushion Heated/Cooled Ventilation Module Heat Control
H
L-GN
Driver Seat Cushion Heated/Cool Ventilation Module Cool Control
J
PU
Driver Seat Back Heated/Cool Ventilation Module Heat Control
K
TN/PU
Driver Seat Back Heated/Cool Ventilation Module Cool Control
L
Not Used
M
BK
Ground

·
Registered
2007 DTS
42 Posts
Both of my seats quit at the same time. The fuses are OK, the door switch lights on both doors. No heat or cooling. Will the bad wire on one seat cause both to stop working?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Both of my seats quit at the same time. The fuses are OK, the door switch lights on both doors. No heat or cooling. Will the bad wire on one seat cause both to stop working?
Yes. That's exactly what happened to mine.

·
Registered
2008 DTS
107 Posts
I'd use marine heat shrink butt connectors instead of soldering and paying $10.00 per connectors. The marine butt connectors come in different sizes and cost about $1.00 each.

·
Registered
211 Posts
So I have to pull both seats to see which one is bad?
I'm sorry, I just stumbled onto your question when hunting up the thread for another forum member.

No, only the right hand seat. The control module under the right hand seat controls the heat and cool for both driver and passenger. When all is well and it's quiet in the car you can hear the module click under the RH seat when you activate either the LH or RH seat heat/cool controls. If you don't have the heat/cool function working in either seat and you DON'T hear a click when you press the heat / cool seat switch the module has most likely lost connection.

·
Registered
2007 DTS
98 Posts
Hi, your post is excellent! I'm in the same situation with my 2007 DTS. I'm getting ready to replace the large plug that goes into the control module. How did you decide where to place the 2 wires that you soldered directly to the circuit board? I found a YouTube video on the same problem, but on a Ford Explorer. He posted a URL to a TBS on the issue and they suggested to piggy back another wire to the black wire then insert into positions M and L. Is this basically what you did? Please let me know and thanks again for posting such a thorough thread with photos.
Regards,
Ski

·
Registered
2007 DTS
98 Posts
Does anyone have the part number, especially those that may still have the invoice for actual replacement, for the heater/cooler control module located under the passenger seat. My 2007 DTS' number on the module is 100-1325-F.
Thanks in advance,
Ski

21 - 40 of 66 Posts