Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 cadillac dts
6 Posts
Hello ppl I'm new to this and I have a 07 DTS abot 140k miles and every time I turn it starts knocking!! I was told it was the struts. Does anybody kno how bad it is and let me know the price it would be to get it fixed please and thank you very much

I'm having the same problem but my 07 dts starts knocking where I'm turning whether I'm idle or driving. Idk I think it's the struts but how can I tell what kind of struts I have? Can u help me out

·
Registered
53 Posts
Re: struts/shocks maybe?? help pls

I recommend NEW OEM Front and Rear Struts/Shocks. I had a slight knock if you turned the wheel at 70k and was thinking I needed struts/mounts. Well $2600 and 1 year latter with new tie rods, wheel bearings, tires, front and rear complete assemblies I now have a new caddy. I still have a click when you put it in drive but this car wore me out. Be careful what you put in the cars and good luck.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS, 1999 Cadillac Seville
315 Posts
Re: struts/shocks maybe?? help pls

I would think the strut mounts would make a knocking sound. At 140k, depending on how long you will keep it..it would make sense to buy the struts with the strut mounts. Monroe, KYB, or OEM are all similar prices unless you have the Magnetic ride control. I went with the Monroes because the OEM's are too soft with the soft springs. If I had to do it again, I might have went with the KYB's because they are firmer.

I do like the soft ride on the highway, but in town I do not. Some people on here said that the base struts and shocks will last a very long time. So, you could just replace the mounts and bearing.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
Re: Struts with or without MO ride?

I'm having the same problem but my 07 dts starts knocking where I'm turning whether I'm idle or driving. Idk I think it's the struts but how can I tell what kind of struts I have? Can u help me out
On a 2007... look at the VIN...
If the 8th digit is a "Y" you have the regular suspension..
If the 8th digit is a "9" you have Magnetic Ride...

·
Registered
2007 DTS
21 Posts
Re: Struts with or without MO ride?

You can tell by looking at the option code in the trunk or look at the struts and see if there is an electrical plug in.
How many miles on your car? Check the front struts for oil leakage. If you have no leakage and no trouble codes and the noise occurs when turning steering wheel slightly you probably need strut mount bearings. Have someone turn the wheel while you locate the noise. Get that far and I will help you some more.

·
Registered
2007 cadillac dts
6 Posts
I have an 07 dts with 142k miles on it and I'm taking it to a cadillac dealership tomarow.. I'm just wanting to kno is it with it to fix this car up maintinece wise? Or after 142k miles just run it till it stops. Pls help me out

I'm planning of having this car for a while do u think it would be worth it to fix it up ?? Or how long do u think it will last if I maintain it properly

I have 142000 miles on it how much longer do u think it will run if I maintain it properly

Same question posts from 3 different threads and forums merged.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,513 Posts
Re: 07 cadillac dts having problems with shocks/stuts

Your question (Post #6, Para. 1) has nothing to do with warranty or dealership service problems.

Please read the descriptive text in each forum title banner to find out what is supposed to be posted there.

Post moved to the proper "DTS" forum and merged with similar posts. Please do not post multipe threads on the same question in multiple forums - let one thread work for you instead of diluting advice over several threads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts