Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
09 Escalade EXT & 14 SRX
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife came home tonight and said that her Service Stabilitrack and Service Traction Control were on and her car was driving strange. Went out, heated up garage, started up car, saw both of those on and also check engine light was on. Installed code reader, 2 codes, both for MAF or VAF. Opened hood and looked under hood. 1st thing I saw that was strange was the flex tube had 2 long holes in the flex , I said to myself, how the hell did those get into there, was something rubbing, looked and checked, got so close and said, Damn those look like bite or tooth marks on there! WTF, then I saw the wiring harness, the plastic jacketing was gone and wires exposed and there were some down into wires!, looked abit further and saw some plactic jacketing laying there and also some turds! WTF I know what happened here! Damn Zippidy the mouse is in the HOUSE! Traced the wiring abit further, 2 wires of the 4 were chewed right off the frigging MAF Sensor! Very close to the jack, stripped them back, got a couple small butt connectors, stripped the other wires back and inserted them into the butt connectors, tapped up all wires with exposed copper showing, taped all around wires and plastic jacketing, looked presentable. Started car, call errors gone! check engine light off! everything seemed ok. Just had to go get a few sticky mice traps for the garage. Sure glad they got her DTS instead of my EXT! I do have a few pic but can't figure out how to post them on here

Just though it was a funny story! How much do you think that little sanerio would have cost me at the Local Cadillac Garage?

Have a Great day!

Dave :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
Just for information...

The way I do pictures to forums is...
Get a free Photobucket account...
Upload your pictures to the free account...
Make a few folders to organize your pictures if you want to...

When you move the mouse over a picture, a little gear will pop up on the upper right corner of the picture.
Move the mouse over the gear and a menu will drop down...
Click on SHARE LINKS...
Click on the bottom one...IMG Codes
Then come to the forum and do a RIGHT CLICK and then click on PASTE and your FULL SIZE picture is then here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts