Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2007 CTS speaker wiring help needed

4K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  MarkisB81 
#1 ·
I have been driving myself nuts scouring the internet to find where the front door/tweeter signal wire splits. I have the Bose, but I'm pretty sure the wiring is run the same as the non-Bose. I replaced them with Kappa 60.11 Components. The sound quality was noticably better. But I really wanna install the included crossovers because I can hear a bit of distortion at high volumes through the tweeters due to there being some low frequency going through it without the crossover. I know that the factory "crossover" was just a capacitor soldered onto the Bose tweeter. I also know that the tweeter wire runs from the trunk to the pillar via the headliner. Im pretty sire the door speaker runs along the floor. So I believe that may mean the front channel line splits somewhere near the back seat. But I'm hoping someone has already been through this and can give me a DEFINITE location to splice in. I'm really trying to avoid having to split it wherever and run my own wire. I'm determined to use the factory wiring as close to 100% as I can without having it up too much. PLEASE 1ST GEN CTS GODS!! HEAR MY PRAYERS!!

#2 ·
There are two speaker configurations on the CTS, only the U57 has a split in-line. If you're confident of the split, or can verify RPO U57, then your wiring should be as follows:

Starting at the Amplifier located in the rear compartment, to the rear of the left strut tower, the wiring runs to Splice Pack 300 (SP300) located In the passenger compartment, on the left frame rail, near the left side of the driver seat. Left Front signal is Yellow and Tan wires, Right Front is Purple and Light Green Wires. From SP300, the door speakers run separately to C500 (Left Door) and C600 (Right Door). Both pillar speakers run back to the headliner harness connector C308 (Headliner harness to the body harness, in the passenger compartment, on the left C-pillar) before running back forward to the individual pillar speakers.

The "Split" occurs right in SP300.

If you need to separate the speakers (inserting your own crossover), that's the place you have to do it.

#3 ·
Yes I, checked just to be sure.. I do have RPO U57. I assume thats the code for the Bose system. So what you saying is that both full front channels (L + R, door + pillar) run to the splice pack 300 in the floor to the left of the driver's seat. Then they all split from there to there designated speakers? I actually tried to make sense of the diagram I saw that gave those connector names. I saw the splice pack and thought that could be the spot but I didn't like where it was located due to seeing that the tweeters were run up through the headliner. So on that note, I would essentially be able to tap the wires at the driver's seat for both sides L + R / door + pillar and potentially mount the crossovers under the driver's seat? Idk why they had to make it so over-complicated

#4 ·
So what you saying is that both full front channels (L + R, door + pillar) run to the splice pack 300 in the floor to the left of the driver's seat.
Correct, per the wiring diagrams.

I would essentially be able to tap the wires at the driver's seat for both sides L + R / door + pillar and potentially mount the crossovers under the driver's seat?
Yes, and you could split out the pillar / door speakers to separate wiring there if so desired. If GM uses caps as filters at the speakers, you'll have to address that. Note that in the documentation, both the door and pillar speakers are labeled "tweeter", even though they're pretty clearly full range and the door driver is a woofer.

The pinout of Splice Pack 300 is as follows if it helps:

Crutchfield has some good pictures / write up on accesssing the CTS speakers / components.

#5 ·
I'm literally looking at the splice pack in my car now. I had to remove the driver seat to get to it. I'm just doing it out mentally before I start cutting wires. I think the only hurdle now will be to figure out which wire is from the amp and which is to the door speaker. Its 3 wires each channel/polarity. 1 of the 3 is thinner so it would be fair to assume thats to the tweeter. I'll just have to hook them up a speaker at a time to the crossover and do some trial and error to distinguish amp side and door speaker side. Thank you for your help on finding it though

#10 ·
So I just finished up the job. It was a slight P.I.T.A. but could've been worse. For anyone else attempting this the drivers seat does need to be removed as well as the sill and pillar moldings. It is very tight quarters where you need to pull up the factory splice pack, cut the correct wires (not all of them. Some are data wires that need to be left alone), and connect (in my case soldered) your extension wires to be run to the crossovers. Keep your pinout diagram handy and only do 1 channel at a time. Thank you for everyone's help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.