Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have read hundreds of articles and watched videos about CTS security system issues. I have a 2007 CTS with the security system light on,traction control light on, no gas or temp gauges either. Already had cluster replaced new battery was fine couple months now this again. Tried all the reset remedies. Seems to be a problem with most CTS. Why has cadillac not remedied these problems. Very frustrating. Single mom who can't afford to sink thousands of dollars into this car I already paid for. This should be a recall if you ask me. Too many owners with same issue. Litterally spent 3 days reading all the complaints about same issue very frustrating since car only has 90000 miles on it and should have a lot more life in it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm having the same problems right now. I bought it this way so I can't even tell when things started. I also have no turn signals. I noticed that my brake lights only worked some of the time. I've traced it down to either being the flasher or the ebcm. I'm hoping it's the flasher lol. 80$ vs 800$.

Have you checked all your lights are working?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have been trying to get my 05 smog tested and registered since August ! First it was dirty battery terminals making too low voltage, so I cleaned them up and BAM 14.5 volts on the guage. Went to Smog test station, NOT Ready, need to complete drive cycle. Start drive cycle, get halfway through, Altrnator voltage dissapears! Disconnect battery, get a replacement alternator, attempt drive cycle again. Check Engine Light halfway through process. Drive straight home and whip out Launch scan tool to see codes. Catalytic Converter issues. (Had them before in 2015 ran 2 gallons laquer thinner through tank at high rpm and goosing it hard for 3/4 of a tank of fuel/ approx 150 miles, and it worked). Tried the laquer thinner again and the light stayed on past the next day so since I har a Pair of aftermarket Ebay cats on the shelf leftover from 2017 I decided to just jump to it and swap them out. One was defective and stripped out my oO2 sensor threads because of a small weld blob inside the bung. (Pissed me off) Bought replacement O2, waited for SIXTEEN days for original seller of the Catalytic Converters to send me a replacement, Tags expired, One time only 30 day registration Expired the day after it finally arrived! (Really Pissed Now).
Bolted the driver side Cat in there and accidentally touched starter wire with ratchet handle when it slipped and it sparked (Got a REALLY bad feeling right then), discovered the passenger side Cat was also defective as it was 3 inches too short and bent the wrong direction. Original seller STOPS answering messages and ignores me (What a Canadian PUKE at TheExhaustShop on Ebay) So hunt down a bargain on some Chinese Cats at TWG and get TWO Pairs just because. .... (that when arrived appear too small.to last for very long at 95% efficiency) I get Cats all bolted up and go to start it to see if any exhaust leaks and dash lights up like christmas tree, temp/fual guages Not Working, No crank/No start, Key stuck in ignition !! (Yeah, I really NEED THIS right now, don't I???)
Fetch codes, didn't write them down, .. Tried removing fuses trick to reset ECM and Anti-Theft. Everything still the same except Now the security light goes OFF so I can't do the ignition switch relearn tactic that takes 10 to 30 minutesw AND tried to get those codes written down but NOW No Communication with scantool ?? WTF???

I am old and disabled, got the car from Sister in 2015, can't afford to throw $1,000 at an assh*le GM KNOWN ISSUE !! I hae just about had it with this recent chain reaction of total crap and now I am leaning towards watching this car go through the crusher with a SMILE !!!

·
Registered
2006 CTS ,2004 Mazda RX8 , 2000 Chevet express conversion van
26 Posts
Guido Up date on my misadventures on my CTS . (*&^%$#@#$ snti theft !!! I replaced oxygen sensors and oil pressure switch , car runs great! I still have the key issue . I took it back to my local lock smith and had then reprogram the keys into the computer . Car starts fine after I jump it off . crossing from purple wire to positive terminal in fuse box , It will restart by key with in less than ten min of cutting it off . I carry a piece of wire with me ...LOL
I am getting 420-430 codes Ill try the lacqure thinner thing ........... I ordered a ECM off ebay see what that does to it !
Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts