Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 CTS- My radio display disappears , is hot to touch and will come back after a few minutes. The steering wheel (left side) was warm to hot once and the service air bad error message came on three times recently..... What is the problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
also currently dealing with the "Service air bag" error message come up every single day, a handful of times every day. if anyone has any idea on how to fix this please get back

·
Registered
26 Posts
also currently dealing with the "Service air bag" error message come up every single day, a handful of times every day. if anyone has any idea on how to fix this please get back
you need to diagnose it with a scan tool first to know which airbag system or sensor is the faulty one sometimes the cables gets loose from the connector in that case you'll need to disconnect the battery then disconnect that connector and reconnect it but first check with a scan tool to narrow the scope of the issue

2007 CTS- My radio display disappears , is hot to touch and will come back after a few minutes. The steering wheel (left side) was warm to hot once and the service air bad error message came on three times recently..... What is the problem?
did you check the other electrics like window switches head console A/C control .. if they are hot as well most likely they're getting more voltage than they should meaning you BCM is gone bad i have explained in my post of another problem how to replace it in case you want to know how to

but i would give same advice as above check your car with a scan tool first it will help

·
Registered
3 Posts
you need to diagnose it with a scan tool first to know which airbag system or sensor is the faulty one sometimes the cables gets loose from the connector in that case you'll need to disconnect the battery then disconnect that connector and reconnect it but first check with a scan tool to narrow the scope of the issue
so i checked it out with my scan tool but no codes came up... i searched it up for any recalls and one came up for 2005-2007 cts passenger side air bag sensor so im going to go to the dealership and have them check it out

·
Registered
26 Posts
so i checked it out with my scan tool but no codes came up... i searched it up for any recalls and one came up for 2005-2007 cts passenger side air bag sensor so im going to go to the dealership and have them check it out
the scanner you have might not been able to read the Airbag system the one in the agency should read the faults
there's no fault without a code. it's good that there's a recall, good luck to you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts