Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have worked hard and waited a long time to buy my first Cadillac. Finally I get one. Drove it off the showroom floor with 14 miles on it. One month later it is in the shop. Bad Evaporator coil in the air conditioner. The dash has to be removed. Once the dash has been taken off, it will eventually start to rattle. Not very pleased with Cadillac right now! I spent way too much money for this to be happening. I am wondering if I made a huge mistake in buying a Cadillac. :mad:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Lets hope it is one of those rare things.I know i would not be happy if something like that happened. My wife and iwaited 3 years to get our CTS ,so far OK.

Nebojsa

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
Sorry to hear it, KC Lady. And :welcome5: to the forum. My '07 is 1 year old this week and I have had ZERO problems with her; I absolutely love that car. Hopefully once your A/C problem is fixed you will have smooth sailing from this point on. Good luck.

·
Registered
2007 CTS
582 Posts
things happen and parts go bad. you have to remember that parts are so mass produced now that every once in awhile you're bound to get a bad one. My '07 has been in the shop once since I've had it. I had a problem with the gas gauge. You have to remember that you've got an awesome warranty on your side. If the dash starts to rattle take it in to be fixed. It's simple as that. I've had brand new computers come with a bad stick of RAM before. It just happens. If you doubt the quality of a Cadillac CTS you can always trade it in and pick up a Honda.

·
Registered
2006 3.6L Y43 Hotchkis Stage-1TVS-totaled, 13 Subaru WRX
3,518 Posts
I have worked hard and waited a long time to buy my first Cadillac. Finally I get one. Drove it off the showroom floor with 14 miles on it. One month later it is in the shop. Bad Evaporator coil in the air conditioner. The dash has to be removed. Once the dash has been taken off, it will eventually start to rattle. Not very pleased with Cadillac right now! I spent way too much money for this to be happening. I am wondering if I made a huge mistake in buying a Cadillac. :mad:
Sux sorry to hear, but u found out quickly and rather painlessly that we have a love hate relationship with out car. More so love for sure though. :wavehi:

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
If you doubt the quality of a Cadillac CTS you can always trade it in and pick up a Honda.
Here's the deal. A person spends $40k on a new Cadillac. They have the right to be disappointed if that Cadillac has a major malfunction when it's brand new. Speaking for myself, I'd be really upset if my brand-new Caddy had to go into the shop--I EXPECT the dang car to be quality. Ya, the warranty is great, ya sometimes crap happens...but I'd prefer spending my time DRIVING MY CAR than waiting for it to get out of the dealer's shop. I totally understand why KCL is disappointed.

KC Lady--good luck and hopefully this will the the only problem you have with the new CTS.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
23,162 Posts
the issue here is what is realistic?
should her car never break?
will the dash rattle now since it was removed?
do you hate GM for 1 problem that was fixed under warranty?

obviously i feel the OP is not being realistic. cars break, even hondas. its a huge assumption to say the car WILL rattle now the dash is removed. sorry, but my dash squeeks sometimes and its the ONLY part of my car that hasnt been replaced :rolleyes:

enjoy your ride KC.

·
Registered
Cadillac
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RightTurn, That is exactly how I feel ! Thank you... I guess it makes me feel better that someone understands my frustration and irritation. I talked to my saleswoman today and she assured me that my car would come back to me spotless and looking like it did the day I bought it. I cannot believe I am acting this way about a silly car... Yes, spending 40,000+ on a car makes me a little stressed when it WON'T WORK RIGHT. A FEW years ago I owned a brand new 79 Camaro. This Cadillac has the same type of seats that my Camaro had and it handles on the road just like the Camaro did. Hopefully I will get it back tomorrow night....

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS Luxury Sport
516 Posts
RightTurn, That is exactly how I feel ! Thank you... I guess it makes me feel better that someone understands my frustration and irritation. I talked to my saleswoman today and she assured me that my car would come back to me spotless and looking like it did the day I bought it. I cannot believe I am acting this way about a silly car... Yes, spending 40,000+ on a car makes me a little stressed when it WON'T WORK RIGHT. A FEW years ago I owned a brand new 79 Camaro. This Cadillac has the same type of seats that my Camaro had and it handles on the road just like the Camaro did. Hopefully I will get it back tomorrow night....
That must have been some '79 camaro, in order to handle like a CTS. I had a '73 camaro with extensive work done to it, and the handling was nothing compared to the caddy. Good luck with your CTS. Everything will work out. We all get pissed when we spend hard earned money on something only to see it break.

·
Registered
Cadillac
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well... I may have exagerated a little bit... The 79 Camaro was a cool car!
The CTS does handle better. I swear though the seats are the same though!
:yup:

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
KC Lady has only been here a couple of days and she's already been "KOZZED!" :lol:
:koz:

KC Lady--this really is a fun, helpful place. These guys will tease you, however. :tisk:

Sarah

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,974 Posts
I too have dwelled on days of yore and lovingly remembered vehicles of a previous life. Segue to a memory of laying under the damn thing trying to fix a slipping clitch or broken suspension and reality hits home. "The good men do is oft interred with their bones, but the evil lives long after". It's the other way around with old cars. It's easier to forgive and forget the details of an evil car than an evil spouse.

·
Registered
CTS
1,756 Posts
I too have dwelled on days of yore and lovingly remembered vehicles of a previous life. Segue to a memory of laying under the damn thing trying to fix a slipping clitch or broken suspension and reality hits home. "The good men do is oft interred with their bones, but the evil lives long after". It's the other way around with old cars. It's easier to forgive and forget the details of an evil car than an evil spouse.
So true. That little Elan I referred to was a joy to drive - incredible handling & performance. Weighed less than 1500 pounds & with a little English Ford twin-cammer that had been breathed on, it would fly.

Was also fragile as an egg. Spent many an hour sorting out various problems. Wish I still owned it...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts