Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me. I can set up computer systems, do my own electrical wiring and can not work the nav system. Now it won't even talk to me. Can someone walk me through setting up HOME address or is there a site with better instructions? Thanks - Dave

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Dave,
I hate instruction books! I did it manually. Mine wanted to home me in at LA CA and I'm in OHIO!!!

I just started pushing setting buttons. I was able to zoom out for the western part of the U.S. I scrolled to get the central U.S. including Ohio. I zoomed in on Ohio and Zoomed in on my city of Lancaster. Then I zoomed in on my street and the location of my house. I set that as my address. It took a while as I was flying without wings. There may be a better method but at least I got it done. Good luck.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 Auto w/ Sport & Luxury Packages
555 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I'm sure Right Turn will be along shortly to properly welcome you. :)

Setting your home location is specific to each personalization setting if you have the lux package, just something to keep in mind. I grabbed the wrong key one morning and was briefly confused where all my addresses, stored points, and trips were. If you don't have the personalization feature, you can disregard.

You can download a copy of the Nav manual from the Cadillac FAQ http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/doclib.html a completely invaluable site.

Here's the short answer:
1. ignition on, DVD disc in, etc.
2. while looking at the map screen, press the Tune/Select knob in
3. from the menu that comes up select Stored PT's
4. the first stored point is your HOME, so press the Store PT button on the right side of the screen and you have a home

If you need any clarification or further assistance, there are plenty of people here to help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts