Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to this forum - I definitely like the 1st gen CTSs and am considering buying one. Any help will be appreciated! I have a Trans Am completely modded out and am tired of paying $$ for the terrible gas it gets. So the coolest car within budget I see is the '06-'07 CTS.

I do have a couple questions though...
- Does the non-nav CTS have a real-time (and tank average) gas mileage information?
- I have read there are absolutely no factory options for an Aux-in or bluetooth on these models. Is this true?
- If the car comes with an integrated phone, how does this work? I can't actually use my current Smartphone to connect to it right?

Up in contention I'm seeing are:
- 2007 2.8L dark blue, minor cratches, 63k, $13500
- 2007 3.6 stealth gray, premium sound, appears to have the luxury package (wood trim), 66k, $14800
- 2006 unknown engine, pearl white, luxury package and nav, 85k, $12500

The 2007s are more appealing at this point because of the powertrain warranty until 2012. Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
- Does the non-nav CTS have a real-time (and tank average) gas mileage information?
- I have read there are absolutely no factory options for an Aux-in or bluetooth on these models. Is this true?
- 2007 3.6 stealth gray, premium sound, appears to have the luxury package (wood trim), 66k, $14800
The 2007s are more appealing at this point because of the powertrain warranty until 2012.
Yes the CTS has instant and tank average gas mileage. AFAIK, the euro CTS had aux inputs, but bluetooth wasnt optional on any 1st gen CTS.
Id go with a 2007 simply for the reasons youve given, the extra warranty. Wood was standard on 3.6L models in 06/07 afaik. I know I dont have the luxury package, and didnt order wood, but I do have it.

I wouldnt expect fantastic mileage, tho. I average about 20 and will see about 30 mpg at 65 mph.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts