Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 cts
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all , I have a 2007 CTS with a 3.6 L it has H ID headlights with washer fluid spray and auto leveling is what I'm told my question to all his do I have to replace these with those specific headlights or can I go to aftermarket also where would I find those aftermarket ones that will work having major issues with this as the car was a special order hard to purchase parts online too many options the more help the better.The CTS is blacked completely not sure of what headlights I can purchase the reason I am is one the headlights are faded looking old also my washer spray broke off which allowed moisture get into my right hand one and fell my bulb. So again my question is can I just order any H ID headlight system even the ones that say not for auto leveling and windshield spray thank you in advance would appreciate any suggestions or part numbers would like to keep the price down to a lower amount but I need to see thank you all

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,767 Posts
CTS' built for N. America had HID with washers, but no leveling. As far as I know, only European CTS' had the hid, washer and leveling.

I cannot answer for sure for the European cars and being able to install halogen headlight housings. It for the N. American, you can. But it would be bet to replace both sides to halogen. Which will not have the washer.

Only HID, D1S bulbs, had the washer.

KOT

·
Registered
Prev: 2004+2007 CTS 3.6 - 2016 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux. Now: 2018 ATS 2.0T AWD Luxury
2,136 Posts
I had a 2007 CTS. I think only the Performance Package added as an option or the CTS Sport had HID with the washers.
I never read or heard about auto leveling, so the previous post may have the answer for that.
Since that model is kinda rare, it could be hard to find original parts at parts places, but GM may have them, if you
want original parts at the higher cost.

I can't say what to do, because I never do any aftermarket parts.

The headlights fading/fogging was a problem with most other CTS in that era. I think the plastic could not handle the sun.
IMO the headlight spray is useless.

·
Registered
2007 CTS Non-V
104 Posts
This is a good question because my 07 headlights clear coat is starting the crack and peel. And I do have HiD, auto leveling and washer headlights. So I’m currently trying to figure out what my options are before the clear coat completely chips away and fading starts. (Aside from polishing the headlight housing)

I’m guessing installing a non auto leveling headlight will cause CAN Bus communication era fault ?

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,767 Posts
CTS' built for N. America had HID with washers, but no leveling. As far as I know, only European CTS' had the hid, washer and leveling.

I cannot answer for sure for the European cars and being able to install halogen headlight housings. It for the N. American, you can. But it would be bet to replace both sides to halogen. Which will not have the washer.

Only HID, D1S bulbs, had the washer.

KOT
This is a good question because my 07 headlights clear coat is starting the crack and peel. And I do have HiD, auto leveling and washer headlights. So I’m currently trying to figure out what my options are before the clear coat completely chips away and fading starts. (Aside from polishing the headlight housing)

I’m guessing installing a non auto leveling headlight will cause CAN Bus communication era fault ?
Going back to what I said 3 years ago. North American CTS' did not have auto leveling, only European did. North America spec had either halogen with out washers or HID with washers.

In either halogen or HID. Swapping from HID to halogen should be easy. Just unplug the electrical connection for the washer motor, not the windshield washer motor though, just the headlight washer motor.

KOT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts