Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone confirm that the standard CTS-V 2007 silver mesh grille that can be purchased at the Cadillac dealer WILL INDEED fit a CTS 2007 without alterations?

Unfortunately, the Cadillac dealer's parts systems does not show this as an alternate grille option and can't say for sure it will fit properly.

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
it fits exactly and directly.

I put one of these on my own car, it was a grille from an 07 cts-v and it fit just fine on my 04 cts.
some of the bolts are annoying to get to but just be patient and you will be fine.
I did it in the dirveway of my friends house in about 40 minutes from start to finish.

·
Registered
Check out my CTS here: http://www.fquick.com/FL01SS
1,651 Posts
Like they said, they're all the same! Here's the Factory V grille on my CTS...

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
What did you do with the V emblems you got when you installed your V bumper Bobbie? Or the V exhaust? Or the V sways?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I've seen your signature many a time, and actually Bobbie, it looks more like a V poser to me than mine. So what's your point?

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
I've seen your signature many a time, and actually Bobbie, it looks more like a V poser to me than mine. So what's your point?
Not accusing anyone in this thread of posing, but the V grille is way more "poser" than the bumper.

Most people recognize the grille because of the grille, not the bumper. In fact, I bet you a lot of people don't even know there's a difference in the bumpers, unless they follow the CTS and know about them.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Not accusing anyone in this thread of posing, but the V grille is way more "poser" than the bumper.

Most people recognize the grille because of the grille, not the bumper. In fact, I bet you a lot of people don't even know there's a difference in the bumpers, unless they follow the CTS and know about them.
I totally agree with you Jon.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,651 Posts

You're entitled to your opinion, whatever that may be, and the grille being more posing than the bumper is just that, your opinion. IMO, Bobbie's car looks more like a V poser than mine. That's my opinion & I'm entitled to it. I've never really ragged him about it though. Unlike him having to add his .02 every time someone mentions the V grille. :bigroll: Joking or not, it's getting a tad bit old. I could really care less what Bobbie's or anyone else's cars looks like. I like my V grille, better than any other grille out there. I don't see it as posing at all. It's an appearance mod. That's it. I don't try to fool people into thinking it's a V and in the one instance where someone asked me if my car "was that Cadillac with the Corvette engine in it" I quickly informed him of the differences between a V and a CTS and let him know that I had added the grille from the V because I think it looks much nicer.

In all honestly, most people out there don't even know what a V is. And if the grille is what people use to differentiate between the CTS & a V, then the 3 dealerships around here are throwing A LOT of people of by putting the V grilles on dozens of CTSs on their lots. Ya know why they're doing it??? I'm willing to bet it's not to trick people into buying a CTS thinking it's a V!!! More than likely they're putting them on there because people think they look a lot better than the stock, non-sport grille.

There's old people all around where I live (it's Florida remember) that have CTSs with V grilles. Do you really think they are trying to be posers? Most of them are old as dirt. Older than Koz even. Like they care about posing like a V. They went to the dealership & said "Oooo. I like the pretty one with the nice shiny front end" and since the salesperson is bright enough to know the old geezer doesn't want a 400hp 6 speed, they sell them a CTS with the "nice shiny front end"

This topic has been beaten to death over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. I know this after only being on here for a year. Less actually! I don't get why so many people on here are so concerned with what other people do to their vehicles!?!? Whatever. I like my grille. That's why I put it on there. I could care less what anyone else thinks. Just like Robert likes the mods to his ride. I might not like all the mods he did, but I'm not going to rag him about it. It's his ride (or was) and he's free to do with it what he wants!:bouncy:

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
Can anyone confirm that the standard CTS-V 2007 silver mesh grille that can be purchased at the Cadillac dealer WILL INDEED fit a CTS 2007 without alterations?

Unfortunately, the Cadillac dealer's parts systems does not show this as an alternate grille option and can't say for sure it will fit properly.
:welcome5: to the forum, Doug!! :lol: YES, the V grill will fit perfectly. Good luck.

·
Registered
887 Posts
i think the v-grill is a nice looking grill.....i just put a v-grill on for a lady she has a 2007 cts red.....the best part she is 75 driving a cts.........the v-grill fits 2003------2007........when the v-grill came out so many people bought them.......it was on back order for a long time back in 2004..........

·
Registered
07 CTS. black,18" STS polished rims, V grill
50 Posts
If you want to be a real poser, I happen to have a set of V emblems and "SUPERCHARGED" I stripped off of my 07 if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
Cadillac
184 Posts
You're entitled to your opinion, whatever that may be, and the grille being more posing than the bumper is just that, your opinion. IMO, Bobbie's car looks more like a V poser than mine. That's my opinion & I'm entitled to it. I've never really ragged him about it though. Unlike him having to add his .02 every time someone mentions the V grille. :bigroll: Joking or not, it's getting a tad bit old. I could really care less what Bobbie's or anyone else's cars looks like. I like my V grille, better than any other grille out there. I don't see it as posing at all. It's an appearance mod. That's it. I don't try to fool people into thinking it's a V and in the one instance where someone asked me if my car "was that Cadillac with the Corvette engine in it" I quickly informed him of the differences between a V and a CTS and let him know that I had added the grille from the V because I think it looks much nicer.

In all honestly, most people out there don't even know what a V is. And if the grille is what people use to differentiate between the CTS & a V, then the 3 dealerships around here are throwing A LOT of people of by putting the V grilles on dozens of CTSs on their lots. Ya know why they're doing it??? I'm willing to bet it's not to trick people into buying a CTS thinking it's a V!!! More than likely they're putting them on there because people think they look a lot better than the stock, non-sport grille.

There's old people all around where I live (it's Florida remember) that have CTSs with V grilles. Do you really think they are trying to be posers? Most of them are old as dirt. Older than Koz even. Like they care about posing like a V. They went to the dealership & said "Oooo. I like the pretty one with the nice shiny front end" and since the salesperson is bright enough to know the old geezer doesn't want a 400hp 6 speed, they sell them a CTS with the "nice shiny front end"

This topic has been beaten to death over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. I know this after only being on here for a year. Less actually! I don't get why so many people on here are so concerned with what other people do to their vehicles!?!? Whatever. I like my grille. That's why I put it on there. I could care less what anyone else thinks. Just like Robert likes the mods to his ride. I might not like all the mods he did, but I'm not going to rag him about it. It's his ride (or was) and he's free to do with it what he wants!:bouncy:[/QUOTE

Well stated! In fact I think I once saw someone on this forum with what looked to be a Dodge Stealth logo on their CTS? If so, that could be viewed as crossing some sort of a line as well? But my reaction to that is "so what".
Keep up the mods all, as it's nice to learn from your experiences (and sorry that your first thread was hijacked somewhat...)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts