Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good news for the V Guys!! Maybe a new platform for the CTS redesign.

Cadillac-CTS/CTS-V- CTS-V will move to the 6.0L V8 by 2006 as production of the 5.7L LS6 ceases. The CTS is scheduled for a redesign in 2007. It is possible Sigma might be dumped at this point for a luxury version of the Zeta platform. It is rumored that the CTS-V will get the 6.4L LS7 powertrain in 2008.

·
Registered
2005 Black Raven CTS 1SB, Luxury and Sport packages
172 Posts
The LS7 is a 7.0 liter engine and is hand built for the C6 Z06. I think it may be too expensive and too low volume for the V. I would guess there will be an LS3 or LS8 with 450-480 HP for the next V, Camaro, GTO and C6.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
skepticman said:
The LS7 is a 7.0 liter engine and is hand built for the C6 Z06. I think it may be too expensive and too low volume for the V. I would guess there will be an LS3 or LS8 with 450-480 HP for the next V, Camaro, GTO and C6.
If they are already building the LS7 for the Corvette, why not a few more for the CTS-V? It could bring the price down.

·
Registered
2005 Black Raven CTS 1SB, Luxury and Sport packages
172 Posts
Considering that each LS7 is built by a single highly skilled technician, they can't easily go out and hire a bunch more, quickly train them and greatly increase the floor space for them all. I bet there will be a waiting list with just the Z06 demand.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Don't be too sceptic... the engine is not built by a single technician, but by a team of technicians. And it's not that impossible to add (and train) more skilled technicians to a team...

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
crap,i just bought my cts. dont tell me its going to be out of style in another year.

frag!!

-KL

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
jteolis said:
NEW CTS will be 2008 MY
And with luck we'll see them on the showroom floors in early 2007

And with even more luck, we'll see possible pre-production photos soon! As we all know, the new design style is completed and people have said it's amazing, I can't wait!

2007 Cadillac CTS, Motor Trend's Car of the Year.

I can see the headlines now :-D

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
It didn't work for me the first time, but I was persistant and it worked the second.. Give it another shot. Yes, we've seen that picture before - but I don't mind seeing it again.. That's a very nice update.. I wonder what the front will look like...

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, GMPP new engine 11/2013
2,092 Posts
jteolis said:
NEW CTS will be 2008 MY
But the autoweek link says, "Slated for a 2006 introduction as a 2007 model..."

So which, if either, is correct? :confused:

·
Registered
CTS
1,485 Posts
928S said:

If we were gonna get a new CTS as a 2007 MY vehicle, there would be something out there other than artist renderings and rumor. For a 2007 MY release they would be starting to manufacture them in about 5 or 6 months right?? they would be at the dealers in July-August or at least September 06.

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
928S said:

It's all still speculative, people are guessing 07 08, intro dates are unknown. What we know is the first gen CTS is comming to the end of it's life cycle (5 years) and that the next gen CTS is already in the making (aboard a Sigma II chassis that's AWD capable in CTS size) with possible new engine technology (direct injection) and with amazing evolutionary style (secret press meeting showing the new CTS in which everyone who attended was swore to secrecy)

Here's the photochop picture from autoweek for thoose who can't get the link to work. We've all seen it before. And it's not guarenteed this is what it will look like. Remember.. Nothing is guarenteed and everything is rumors until GM Media releases stuff officially.

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, GMPP new engine 11/2013
2,092 Posts
jteolis said:
If we were gonna get a new CTS as a 2007 MY vehicle, there would be something out there other than artist renderings and rumor. For a 2007 MY release they would be starting to manufacture them in about 5 or 6 months right?? they would be at the dealers in July-August or at least September 06.
Well...if a redesigned 2007 CTS (on improved Sigma II platform?) doesn't show at the North American International Auto Show (Jan 2006) or at the New York International Auto Show (Apr 2006), then we'll know by default the 2008 MY is correct. Until then, I'm hoping for a 2007 MY intro in 2006.

After recent hands-on test drives and comparisons (2006 CTS w/ lux, 17" sport pkg. vs. new Lexus IS250/350, et al.), I've reluctantly decided no CTS for me for now. Cash in bank, awaiting next gen CTS.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts