Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a Cadillac CTS 2007 3.6L crank no start. Battery is good. Alternator was removed and then took to O’reilly to get checked and it passed the test so I know the alternator is good. I have a battery light on so I checked alt & battery. Car has a little over a 1/4 of gas.check engine light is on I have a P0453 Code which is a fuel pressure sensor,I believe so. Would that be the cause of crank no start? I used a jumper wire and still just cranks.starter is good as well.

·
Registered
08 STS 1SG HUD ACC F55 AWD, 08 STS 1SG Platinum HUD ACC F55 RWD
480 Posts
Did you have the ignition set to run when you did the jumper? do both jumper and ignition while you spray a little engine starter fluid into the intake. If no start without spray and start for a second or catching like about to start with spray then you have a fuel problem. Then follow up on P0453 by borrowing fuel pressure gauge for free from auto parts store and using same to check fuel pressure. Pressure should be about 50 or 55 psi. Also you can listen at fuel filler while someone sets the ignition to run. Should hear fuel pump noises. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2005 Base CTS work at Pullen solenoids Glass Factory for 36 and a half years
304 Posts
Did you check the fuel pressure or did you ever get this problem solved?

Roy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can’t find anywhere to put the tester on, I hear the fuel pump coming on just need to find where to hook the tester up to. Sorry by the way been too busy at work to do anything

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >132k miles
759 Posts
The fitting is located on the fuel line under the intake plenum, so the plenum has to be removed to check pressure. Not a good location IMO!

·
Registered
2005 Base CTS work at Pullen solenoids Glass Factory for 36 and a half years
304 Posts
My scanner shows what the fuel pressure is which is a lot easier than pulling the plenum to check it.

Roy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts