Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new 2007 CTS and initially the steering wheel was shaking then would stop for a while, then shaking, etc. In addition to that there was a subtle whirling/wobble on the front end. The dealer balanced 3 out of 4 tires and the steering wheel shaking disappeared, but the slight front end wobble is still there. The car brakes well, deosn't drift to left or right, and seems fine otherwise, but that very slight wobble disturbs me. I just don't think it is normal. It seems to do tha anywhere from 40mph-60mph is my guess.

Has anyone seen this before? I've read a few forums and this front end steering/wobbling I seen on the forums a little but I just wonder if Cadillac has some inherent problem. Why would 3 out of 4 tires need rebalanced, and they kinda knew that in advance too. I just smell something fishy...

Any ideas?

Doug

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
Hello Doug and :welcome5:. Congrats on the CTS; it's a fine car. I agree, something doesn't sound right. I have the '07 and the steering is solid. I'd take it back and have them make it right. Good luck.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
Welcome Douglas, and there is nothing normal about what you are describing. You may have front end issue's that caused the tires to become the way they were. Have the entire front rack inspected as it could be someone who test drove your'e car before you purchased who may have hit a curb or some road irregularity. Take them on a drive with you so when it happens (hopefully you can get it to replicate the problem) I have to reps who work with me that bought a new ride that had similar issue and one had a bad tire rod end (it happens) the other you could see where the car had bottomed out from the front tire probably dropping into a deep hole, in this case causing the wheels to be out of balance and the front end being out of alignment.(neither of these were CTS's). Good Luck and enjoy the ride. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your feedback. As mentioned, the steering wheel no longer shakes, but there is slight whirling/front end wobble. The crazy thing is that it is slight enough where it becomes subjective and I'm concerned the service folks will say there is nothing wrong.
Any suggestion?

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One more question.... Can the new 07 be waxed right away or does it have a coating that shouldn't be waxed until some period of time?

·
Registered
Cadillac
55 Posts
Well new vehicles have a wax on them but I personally don't like it as well as I do even my regular turtle wax. So to remove the wax go to an autoparts store or walmart and get a car soap that removes wax. Then of course just wax er up. Also there might be some other hints you can find to remove wax on the internet. Seems like just Dawn soap will do it but don't hold me to it.

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
One more question.... Can the new 07 be waxed right away or does it have a coating that shouldn't be waxed until some period of time?
It can be waxed right away. Invest in good car-care products and shine 'er up. :highfive:

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Well new vehicles have a wax on them but I personally don't like it as well as I do even my regular turtle wax. So to remove the wax go to an autoparts store or walmart and get a car soap that removes wax. Then of course just wax er up. Also there might be some other hints you can find to remove wax on the internet. Seems like just Dawn soap will do it but don't hold me to it.
Dawn soap and other household dishwashing liquids are FANTASTIC if you want to remove the clear coat.

Stay away from them. If they were acceptable for cars, the manufact would advertise "for cars too."

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Just bought a new 2007 CTS and initially the steering wheel was shaking then would stop for a while, then shaking, etc. In addition to that there was a subtle whirling/wobble on the front end. The dealer balanced 3 out of 4 tires and the steering wheel shaking disappeared, but the slight front end wobble is still there. The car brakes well, deosn't drift to left or right, and seems fine otherwise, but that very slight wobble disturbs me. I just don't think it is normal. It seems to do tha anywhere from 40mph-60mph is my guess.

Has anyone seen this before? I've read a few forums and this front end steering/wobbling I seen on the forums a little but I just wonder if Cadillac has some inherent problem. Why would 3 out of 4 tires need rebalanced, and they kinda knew that in advance too. I just smell something fishy...

Any ideas?

Doug
Offer to go for a ride with srv mgr. He/she will see what you are talking about. Don't forget the tacos or donuts. Life is a two way street. You can form a great relationship with service writers and service mgrs. At some point, you will need them. Most service mgrs are great and experienced people. That is how they were selected for their jobs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts