Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
DEFUNCT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I decided to make my 2.8 faster by stripping down the interior. The car is like night-and-day now with a stripped interior, and it feels much LIGHTER now. It now considers 2500 rpm hard-acceleration, and 3000 RACING! The thing pulls like a diesel now. Is it weird that the 2.8 litre is actually... FAST? I didn´t even know a 2.8 could go that fast! I revved it up to 3000, and the car took off like a rocket, and a F-150 actually thought I was trying to race! ??? That thing can fly despite having only 210 horsepower.

I would like to point out that my 2.8 currently has DIRTY fuel injectors. I can only imagine how much faster it would be with CLEAN injectors! The fact that it can pull like that with dirty injectors is insane.

Dirty Injectors: hauls ass

Clean Injectors: teleports

I´m going to also remove all passenger door panels (front and rear) to further reduce weight. I have to get a tool to help pry off the door panels.

In the future I hope to replace the front seats with racing seats for further weight reduction.

I also want to put the 3.6 engine mods onto my 2.8 for more power.

Things I Removed:
  • Rear Seats
  • Spare Tire
  • Spare Tire Styrafoam
  • Spare Tire Lid
  • Trunk Lining

·
Registered
DEFUNCT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put the interior back in because ride quality was too harsh. But if you were curious, power delivery was very... well... jarring. Everytime I would step on the pedal the car would jolt forward.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts