Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if any of you could post any inexpensive upgrades / add ons you have found to be good/useful ones. I would say for $300 or less.

Thanks!

·
Registered
Cadillac
81 Posts
Intake, throttle body spacer (helps give a few more hp and better gas milage), Illumina LED Puddle Lamps, mod that lets you use dvd& camara while in motion (on ebay), tint your 2 front windows (must)

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I would pass on the t-body spacer, they do not work. Air intake, exhaust and hand held computer are some options. Custom matts look nice, tinting the front windows to match looks nice.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
E&G mesh fender vent inserts. 60 bucks including shipping .

K&N drop in filter - approx 45 bucks including shipping .

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
If you are still looking for inexpensive upgrades, the Diablo Predator is on sale at autoanything.com for 319 bucks shipped. I just ordered one yesterday (based on some highly respected advice I rec'd on this forum). It should arrive Friday 8/10 - I will post my impressions in a few weeks as I will be on vacation next week (with the truck!).

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Carl: If you ever make it to Michigan, I owe you and your wife dinner.

Got my Diablo today, thanks to your advice. It is Superior to my past Superchips.

Anybody who does not get one will never know what they are missing. Simple to install. It is just as smooth as stock, but when you hammer it down, it goes like it did not go before (and it was no slounch before!). More importantly, throttle response is so much better, especially at low RPMs. It also Downshifts now when I think it should, versus what the engineers thought. Only mod I made to the stock Diablo program (since my only "mod" is a K&N drop-in), was taking off the speed limiter. Additionally, even though it is not all that important to me, there appears, at least on the DIC, to be an improvement in gas mileage. Best 300 bucks you can spend on your 60K plus ride IMO. Can't wait to drive it again.

p.s. I assume since I don't have any other performance mods that I don't want to manually adjust the WOT fuel delivery beyond the standard Diablo program. Right?

·
Registered
07' White Diamond EXT
475 Posts
If you are still looking for inexpensive upgrades, the Diablo Predator is on sale at autoanything.com for 319 bucks shipped. I just ordered one yesterday (based on some highly respected advice I rec'd on this forum). It should arrive Friday 8/10 - I will post my impressions in a few weeks as I will be on vacation next week (with the truck!).
ill post your impressions for you....it is greatt!!

·
Registered
07' White Diamond EXT
475 Posts
Carl: If you ever make it to Michigan, I owe you and your wife dinner.

Got my Diablo today, thanks to your advice. It is Superior to my past Superchips.

Anybody who does not get one will never know what they are missing. Simple to install. It is just as smooth as stock, but when you hammer it down, it goes like it did not go before (and it was no slounch before!). More importantly, throttle response is so much better, especially at low RPMs. It also Downshifts now when I think it should, versus what the engineers thought. Only mod I made to the stock Diablo program (since my only "mod" is a K&N drop-in), was taking off the speed limiter. Additionally, even though it is not all that important to me, there appears, at least on the DIC, to be an improvement in gas mileage. Best 300 bucks you can spend on your 60K plus ride IMO. Can't wait to drive it again.

p.s. I assume since I don't have any other performance mods that I don't want to manually adjust the WOT fuel delivery beyond the standard Diablo program. Right?
I agree, I had a superchip too and now a predator...the predator is crazzyy i love it...and why wouldn't you want to make any manual adjustments? Every vehicle runs different especially based on the driver...

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Honestly , I did not have much time to mess w/ it b4 leaving for vacation (still on vacation ). I did not notice many manual adjustment options . Just speed limiter, tire size adjust, and the WOT adjustment that I did not understand . I did not find any shifting adjustments or any TM options . Again , did not have enough time. Regardless , if what I got is as good as it gets, I am still ecstatic ! So far 400 miles on this trip, mostly highway , some non-highway hilly driving Performance incredible (wife actually noticed ) and just over 18 MPG in the mixed driving .

·
Registered
2007 EXT
171 Posts
I have never used one of these programmers before, is it pretty intuitive? Do I need a PHD from MIT to use it? I assume you can return the settings to stock if you have issues and need to get warranty work. I think this is something that I need to pickup.

RLTW

·
Registered
2007 EXT
171 Posts
One upgrade I would suggest but maybe controversial would be Optima redtop battery. My stock battery died spontaneously less than 2 weeks after I bought the truck. The same thing happened to me in my last truck, granted that time it was after a year.

RLTW

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
I have never used one of these programmers before, is it pretty intuitive? Do I need a PHD from MIT to use it? I assume you can return the settings to stock if you have issues and need to get warranty work. I think this is something that I need to pickup.

RLTW
Very simple. Yes, you can very easily return to stock program. The very first time you program, it will probably take you 30 minutes to read through directions, remove a few easily acessible fuses and plug in and use the programmer. The second time (ie. if you want to return to stock or modify the program), it will literally take you 5 minutes or less. If I can do it, anybody can. Seriously, changing wiper blades can sometimes challenge me.

And again, the Predator is the best I have ever used (used to buy Superchips). For 300 bucks, it is worth every penny.

·
Registered
2007 EXT
171 Posts
I listened and picked one up today. I will let you know how it all works out when I get it installed in the truck.

RLTW

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts