Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Blue 2007 SRX-4 / White 2000 Deville DHS (Parts Car) / Cashmere 2002 Deville DHS
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed today, when I turn the key in the ignition just to put the radio on or wind a window down that if I turn the key back to the off position, the starter engages for a few turns of the engine and then stops. It only does this if you turn the ignition on and then off. It does not do this if you continue to start the engine, or stop the engine then turn ignition off! I was thinking that it could be a worn ignition barrel?

Any help would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
'07 - 3.6l SRX RWD, '16 - 2.5l Subaru Outback, '95 - 4.3l S10 pu
957 Posts
There is a feature that will energize the starter for a very brief time after the key is returned to the run position after an attempt to start. GM has a name for this feature. Even my 03 Envoy has it. Perhaps someone can chime in with the name.. I'm wondering if you are turning the key a little too far or as you have diagnosed, the cylinder is worn and allows the key to turn too much... unknowingly.

12,778 Posts
Hello vettemech,
I am sorry you are experiencing concerns with the ignition on your Cadillac SRX. I understand how frustrating this can be, and I would like to be of assistance. Have you considered visiting a dealership to get this diagnosed? If so, could you please send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and preferred dealership? I can then assist you further and look into your current situation.

Best,

Alex H.
Cadillac Customer Care

1 - 3 of 3 Posts