Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Blue 2007 SRX-4 / White 2000 Deville DHS (Parts Car) / Cashmere 2002 Deville DHS
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I have recently noticed that my drivers door speaker has no sound coming from it. I took the door panel off. The speaker tested ok with 2 ohms resistance. I tested the speaker using a spare car radio I have, and it works fine.
I stripped out the left rear interior to locate the Bose amplifier and checked the connectors and they are ok? The only other idea I have is an individual wire continuity test for input source to the Bose amp and testing for output.

Any other idea's? Any one else experienced this problem? I have searched and only found connector issues at the amp and bad speakers. :)

·
Registered
05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6
3,177 Posts
Do any of the chimes etc. work? They come from that speaker.

·
Registered
Blue 2007 SRX-4 / White 2000 Deville DHS (Parts Car) / Cashmere 2002 Deville DHS
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No chimes from that speaker. My chimes come from the centre of the dash. Behind it somewhere.

·
Registered
2008 SRX Sport Pkg
1,135 Posts
Did you check your radio settings? Perhaps someone messed with the balance settings?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you check your radio settings? Perhaps someone messed with the balance settings?
Hi, yes I have been through the fader and balance controls. All that works on the front left is the small high frequency pillar speaker. When I checked the speaker connector for current, I was getting a minimum of 0.2 volts and a maximum of 0.84 volts with balance left and fader front only.

----------

I have just found that the left channel is controlling the small pillar speaker and for some strange reason the speaker that is in the middle of the dash behind the light sensor? No sound from the drivers door speaker. If you change the balance to the passenger right front door speaker, the middle speaker silences!

·
Registered
05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6
3,177 Posts
There's probably some small component in the radio or amp that's going in and out.

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
The STS Bose amp has been common to fail. Perhaps the SRX Bose amp has the same issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts