Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 Auto w/ Sport & Luxury Packages
555 Posts
Cadillac decided not to support mp3's in the CTS until the 2008 model. None of the stock CD player, navigation unit, or Bose system play mp3. Sorry.

·
Registered
07- CTS V
5 Posts
I was disappointed as well, but I bought the Monster FM mod adapter and with ipod it plugs into the ipod slot and not the phone jack so the sound is pretty damn good.

·
Registered
Cadillac 2007 cts
107 Posts
New menber . In your 2007 user manual says "If playing a CD-R the sound may be reduced due to CD-R quality" ,page 274 .This appears that mp3s may be used on six disk cd changer .I burned a disk and tried it I my 07 CTS with BOSE and it sound great .nothing like trying out for yourself to find if something does or does't work .So give it a shot.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts
New menber . In your 2007 user manual says "If playing a CD-R the sound may be reduced due to CD-R quality" ,page 274 .This appears that mp3s may be used on six disk cd changer .I burned a disk and tried it I my 07 CTS with BOSE and it sound great .nothing like trying out for yourself to find if something does or does't work .So give it a shot.
Are you saying you got an CD-R of MP3's to work in the BOSE cd player? This has not worked for anyone else. It will play CD-r's but not MP3's...

·
Registered
101 Posts
CD-Rs and MP3s are not the same thing. CD-R is a disk medium and MP3 is a file format.

I have burned many CD-Rs for use in my vehicles, including my '07 CTS with the Bose system. The CD-Rs are a dub of the native CD, however...not MP3s.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
MP3 files will not play in a stock CTS. I actually didnt even think about it when I first got my car, I just put in some MP3 CDs from my other car and for 2 minutes could not figure out for the life of me why they werent playing. My last 2 cars had aftermarket MP3 playing radios, its tough to not have that lovely option when I had it for so long. If it werent for the hassle and price I would be putting in a carputer already... I think it will most likely be my next mod tho.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
What if someone made a MP3 DVD? Would that work in the DVD drive in the CTS?
If you have a navigation system im almost positive that it still will not play MP3s off a DVD. On the other hand, with all the space on a DVD you can make a DVD disc with a large amount of WAV files on it and play that. I think? I dont have a navi system cause I couldnt get it with my Sport Appearance Package :crybaby:

But I dont see why you couldnt pack a DVD full of WAV files and play those. Can anyone confirm that?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts