Cadillac Owners Forum banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,471 Posts
Although they're not platinum replicas, they look great on the car!! Congrats on the purchase

·
Registered
08' Escalade EXT
4 Posts
My 08' EXT TPMS light stays on. I took it to the dealer and they tried to reset it with there machine but was unable to do so, at least that is what they are saying. The manager of the tire dept. Was the one who checked it and said that it was some type of comp. System in the door that needs to be replaced! I think it's b.s. They did a tire rotation that last time I had an oil change. I think that is when the light started to stay on. Any suggestions. Should I try to do the reset myself?

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,471 Posts
Yeah man, you have absolutely nothing to lose. Go for it, you might get lucky and fix it!!

12,821 Posts
My 08' EXT TPMS light stays on. I took it to the dealer and they tried to reset it with there machine but was unable to do so, at least that is what they are saying. The manager of the tire dept. Was the one who checked it and said that it was some type of comp. System in the door that needs to be replaced! I think it's b.s. They did a tire rotation that last time I had an oil change. I think that is when the light started to stay on. Any suggestions. Should I try to do the reset myself?
Txmonkey, please let me know if you would like me to follow up with your dealer on your behalf at any point in time. I'm reachable via email at Katie_Lucile @gmexpert.com and happy to explore your next steps with you!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
2006 CTS, 2007 Escalade
141 Posts
After relearning the positions, each time I start the vehicle its telling me to check tire pressure in each tire. Is there something else I should be doing?

·
Registered
07 Black Escalade EXT
17 Posts
I had a very similar problem with my dealer. Went in for Oil change/tire rotation, came out with one tire not reading PSI. Asked them to fix and they wanted to charge me $80 for a new sensor. I was like No thanks... Then all 4 didn't did read PSI. So I just said screw it and im not going back. My TPMS light has been on the whole time, kind of annoying cuz everyone always asks me whats wrong with my truck when they get in. I think if I relearn them myself maybe itll go away, so ill give it a shot. Thanks for the info in this thread!

·
Registered
2006 CTS, 2007 Escalade
141 Posts
They say not to use fix-a-flat in tires with sensors, but from what Ive read in these forums the newer models dont come with a spare tire, just a repair kit.

Would it do any damage to use it if I decide to get rid of my spare underneath to lighten the load?

·
Registered
'07 Escalade ESV
25 Posts
Doing a relearn will help it. It just may be that they aren't reading the correct psi. I did a relearn on my '07 ESV and it fixed the problem. Now what will happen if you ignore the warning light is your check engine will eventually come on which will in turn cause your remote start to stop working. I found this out the hard way! But a relearn and a new oil change should fix the problem.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,033 Posts
Doing a relearn will help it. It just may be that they aren't reading the correct psi. I did a relearn on my '07 ESV and it fixed the problem. Now what will happen if you ignore the warning light is your check engine will eventually come on which will in turn cause your remote start to stop working. I found this out the hard way! But a relearn and a new oil change should fix the problem.
An oil change will fix a TPMS problem !! Wow, you sound like a GM service writer. :thepan:

·
Registered
'07 Escalade ESV
25 Posts
the blur said:
An oil change will fix a TPMS problem !! Wow, you sound like a GM service writer. :thepan:
LOL! I didn't mean it like that...that last part sounds very stupid, I apologize! What happened with me is when the check engine light came on as a result of ignoring the TPMS, it remained on even after the correct psi was attained and the TPMS light went off. It turns out that I had another issue with low oil. I mixed the two issues together, I apologize!

·
Registered
2018 Escalade ESV
336 Posts
thinking about getting 24s for my bday in 4 months. Everyone is saying to take the tpms out of the factory rims and put them in the new ones. I dont want to do that. Ill get a 2nd set. The question is do i somehow clone the new sensors or just install and do this process decribed?

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
thinking about getting 24s for my bday in 4 months. Everyone is saying to take the tpms out of the factory rims and put them in the new ones. I dont want to do that. Ill get a 2nd set. The question is do i somehow clone the new sensors or just install and do this process decribed?
No you will have to do a relearn when switching back and forth, no big deal. :)

·
Registered
2018 Escalade ESV
336 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
to be clear: i can buy something like http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Universal...ts=Model:Escalade&hash=item484a8685a2&vxp=mtr and have them installed on my potential new wheels then do your re learn hookup and that's it. BOOM! that's it. and if i wanted to use the factory do you re-learn hookup once again?

hcvone- you are helpful than a mofo! Deeply appreciated
No you want to get real GM sensors like came with the truck, some of the aftermarket ones do not work as well as the stock ones. You want ones like these, should be able to get a set shipped for under 100. Thanks for the kind words

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BUICK-CADIL...its=Make:Cadillac&hash=item4d07cd7a7e&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
2010 Escalade ESV & 2007 DTS
153 Posts
Great post! Helped a bunch and only took 5 minutes. Granted I have an air compressor at home so I added air instead of deflating.

For my 2010 I had to use the Lock Unlock buttons for 5 seconds on the fob.

FWIW the owners manual spelled the process out just like the OP did. So check your owners manual for details to your year specifics.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV
7 Posts
Ok so when I try this method (07 Escalade ESV) with the car off, i push the parking brake down, put the key in the ignition, turn to the on position but i do not start the car. i go to the "To Relearn TPMS hit check mark", at that point I've tried hittin the check botton, i've tried holding it, tapping it etc. i never get a horn sound, or anything the message just sits there saying the same thing "To Relearn TPMS hit check mark"

i know the computer is reading the brake is on because the E-brake light comes on the dash.

I do not have the factory remote as the person i bought the car from threw it away when they had the remote start/alarm system installed....

The guy at discount tire got his computer to read the tire pressures just fine, but couldn't get the car to....

·
Registered
2009 EXT Lux White Diamond
140 Posts
On my 2009 EXT:

Used the Lock/Unlock method using FOB - worked first time, though not without a few tense moments:

1) Place truck in PARK.

2) Turn Key/Ignition to "On" but dont start (2nd click).

3) Press Lock+Unlock on FOB for a few seconds, horn will honk and DIC will say Tire Pressure Relearn Activated

4) Start with Drivers front, and let air out of tire for approx 5-10 seconds, if horn doesnt honk once, then repeat for another 5-10 seconds. Mine honked on 2nd try.

5) Then Front Pass - Mine Honked WHILE letting air out after 5 seconds.

6) The Rear Pass

7) Then Rear Drivers.

8) Upon the final Rear Drivers it will honk twice.

9) Now, go fill tires back up with air...The Fun Part

·
Registered
Escalade ESV Platinum
10 Posts
On my 2009 EXT:

Used the Lock/Unlock method using FOB - worked first time, though not without a few tense moments:

1) Place truck in PARK.

2) Turn Key/Ignition to "On" but dont start (2nd click).

3) Press Lock+Unlock on FOB for a few seconds, horn will honk and DIC will say Tire Pressure Relearn Activated

4) Start with Drivers front, and let air out of tire for approx 5-10 seconds, if horn doesnt honk once, then repeat for another 5-10 seconds. Mine honked on 2nd try.

5) Then Front Pass - Mine Honked WHILE letting air out after 5 seconds.

6) The Rear Pass

7) Then Rear Drivers.

8) Upon the final Rear Drivers it will honk twice.

9) Now, go fill tires back up with air...The Fun Part

Will this same method work on a 2013? the manual says use a re-learn tool...

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac Escalade
6 Posts
I want to apologize now if this is already discussed and I overlooked it, but don't I need a "triggering tool" to relearn the TPMS positions on my '12 Escalade?

I went outside, put parking break on, turned key to run (without engine on), pressed and held lock/unlock on key pad, and put vehicle in relearn option. The horn honked and everything seemed cool. Yet when I started at the LF and let air out, it never registered that I was relearning. Nor did turn signal light up to begin process or anything. Reading other things online says that I need a tool to trigger the process.

Any suggestions? Read that 2012 and newer need a triggering tool.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts